We are looking for a Business (Data) Analyst that will be working closely with all our business units, their respective functions from the Group level. You will have a passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics. You will be collaborating very closely with the Data (Engineer) analyst, responsible for delivering both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users. You would come with amazing traits that are self-driven, critical thinking, analytical abilities, flexibility, adaptability, effective verbal & written communication, time management, self-confidence, open to changes & challenges, eye for detail, perseverance, discreetness & diplomacy, analytical thinking, sound independent decision making and team work.
The incumbent will
- Be the conduit between all business units and the group function.
- Gather requirements from the Client by studying their business functions and analyzing business requirements; construct workflow designs based on system capabilities and write design specification and modifications to ensure successful delivery of output and formats
- Facilitate communication between the business stakeholders and the analytical function.
- Communicate /collaborate with other data analyst and IT teams (interfaces, data modelling, support)
- You will need a good grasp of the various business trends and its customers.
- Support and help in all types of analytical building efforts and initiatives
- Assist in managing special projects to problem-solve and practically execute across all functions of the Group and work with senior stakeholders.
Documenting business requirements to use different analytical techniques to distil data and draw out the right insights for business action.
- Assist to build/improving processes to automate KPIs and business metrics
- Assist in view of data sources, guide its curation into meaningful metrics and create visualizations for analysis, business case presentations, with reports, and dashboards.
- Able to identify, track down and resolve data quality and code issues to ensure that databases and dashboards remain error-free and organized
- Define, develop & document business processes and procedures
- Prepare ad-hoc data models, regular management reports, analysis, and quarterly performance metrics
- Maintain trustworthy and reliable forward-looking forecast data, strong commitment to accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of data collection and curation.
- Effectively presenting options and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Monitoring project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintaining system protocols by writing and updating procedures. Ideally preparing technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends (internal and external).
- Demonstrates business acumen and perspective beyond the numbers
- You would probably come from organizations that deals with high volume transactions and product, such as, e-commerce, FMCG/ CPG.
- Hands-on in solving any type of business or organisational problem and interested in driving practical outcomes
- Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical skills, troubleshooting and data / information organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A great communicator, turning numbers into insights.
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- BA/BS required; Relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Strong in MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in, Python, R, Tableau, SAP Business Objects or other business intelligence platform would be ideal.
- Minimum 1- 3 years of experience in an analyst function.