Are you passionate about analysing and understanding interesting data? Do you love getting your hands on raw-data and digging into the depths of it? Are you interested in being part of the next digital banking revolution? Do you believe that Data Science will revolutionize the banking experience? Are you not just good in understanding data, but also capable of extracting actionable insights from it? Do you want to work in a company where your insights will be used as the foundation for our product decisions, impacting the user experience of millions of end customers as well as banks’ revenues?
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Analytics & AI team in order to help us in the development and implementation of our data-driven banking vision.
What will you do?
- Analyse banks' customer data, bank transactions and in-app user behaviour in order to understand the bank customers’ financial needs and habits.
- Work closely with our product team to help them understand our users and the performance of our algorithms, thereby enabling them to make optimal product decisions.
- Work closely with our Data Scientists & Software Engineers in order to understand our algorithms, models and databases.
- Help our project team verify the correctness of the data which we receive from our customers.
- Think like an entrepreneur and help us shape and refine our virtuous cycle of AI.
- Help in extending & streamlining our QA process.
Which team will you be joining?
You will be an integral part of our analytics & AI team, which develops & maintains algorithms & models which run at more than 25 banks for unique problems such as liquidity forecasting of SMEs, bank campaign optimisation (product recommendations), recurring bank transactions prediction, detection of events using bank transactions, bank transaction text prettifier, text classification, merchant categorisation, client segmentation using bank transactions, topic modelling of banks' client advisor notes and more.
- At least 4 years of experience digging deep into data
- At least 2 years experience as a Data Analyst or equivalent role
- BSc in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics - or equivalent experience
- Intermediate German (B1/B2)
- Proven ability to:
- understand and extract actionable insights from real world data
- work independently and take responsibility for your tasks
- communicate technical findings to non-technical people
- get tasks done in a reasonable time without losing yourself in the details or “data noise”
- Advanced understanding of Python, the PyData stack and SQL
- Basic experience in working with Linux command line tools (e.g. vim, grep, find, git, conda, htop) or motivation to learn the basics before starting
- A “can do” attitude and the skills and the mindset to “find a way” instead of waiting for the perfect solution, tool-kit or additional data
- An intrinsic motivation to getting your hands on (raw) data
- Ability & motivation to learn new things
- A growth mindset
You might also have
- Proficiency in German (big plus!)
- Basic Experience in working with PyCharm, Dash, Docker, Java, bash and/or Rest APIs
- Experience in working with bank customer data, especially bank transactions
- Example projects published on the web, in particular ones which show off your data analysis, understanding & insights extraction skills
- Advanced table tennis skills ;-)
What we offer
- Be part of a young, fast growing company, market leader in Switzerland
- Work with interesting high-quality data
- Grow professionally, take responsibility and learn how to think like an entrepreneur
- Work with an international, diverse and highly skilled & motivated team
- Flexible working hours and independence in your tasks
- Regular team events such as ski weekend, yoga, table tennis tournaments, summer & christmas parties and much more
- Free coffee, snacks & fresh fruits
- Free use of our company car