Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change
EMEA Innovative Pricing Models Senior Data Analyst
As a member of the Global Customer Value and Market Development COE you will be accountable for developing, maintaining, and improving the innovative pricing models for the initiatives included in the EMEA New Business Models Portfolio.
The EMEA Innovative Pricing Models Senior Data Analyst will have 3 sets of responsibilities: develop customer centric and financially sound innovative pricing and risk models based on data, maintain the model and support the countries in the operationalization of the commercial campaigns and enhance the pricing capabilities of the model ensuring geographic coverage, improved risk mitigation strategies and incorporating farmer’s feedback.
- Develop customer centric and financially sound innovating pricing and risk models
- Implement risk management mechanisms within the pricing models
- Collaborate with new business model teams, sales, marketing, finance, and supply chain in order to ensure a 360 coverage within the pricing mechanisms
- Find, clean, structure and maintain data sets necessary for modeling.
- Ensure compliance with all policies related to revenue recognition, marketing programs control and compliance
- Identify key financial and sales trends to drive growth jointly with the seed and crop protections businesses
- Partner with leadership to drive growth in market share by triangulating economic analysis, market and agronomic data and financial insights
- Develop creative ways to evaluate the business and drive overall value in collaboration with Leadership
- Assess CRM and Fieldview customer bases to optimize dynamic pricing models and enhance value capture opportunities
- Support ad-hoc projects as and when they arise
- Bachelor and Master’s degree with a mathematics, or statistics degree, ideally with actuarial mathematical knowledge
- 5+ years of experience with pricing and risk models based on data sets
- Advanced modeling skills (excel, R). Ideally with machine learning modeling skills (e.g. Pytorch, TensorFlow or others). Competency in Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively and develop business partnerships with commercial and finance stakeholders
- Managing/Collaborating in multi country, multi culture, and matrix organization
Switzerland : Basel-City : Basel