PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, Charleston, and Bangalore, India. We are currently looking for a Data Engineer who will work with the growing data science team to maintain, improve, and expand our data science infrastructure.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for growing and optimizing our data and data pipeline infrastructure. The ideal candidate is experienced with building data pipelines and data storage architectures from the ground up, and is passionate about developing systems that are scalable, highly performant, and easy to understand, maintain and grow. The data engineer will support the data science team on reporting, AI, and data-related initiatives, and will ensure data is accurate, reliable, and up-to-date throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-motivated and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain optimized data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Build infrastructure for ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of sources using SQL and AWS “big data” technologies
- Work with stakeholders in Engineering, Product, and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their infrastructure needs
- Ensure highest level of data security and disaster recovery across multiple AWS regions
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
As a Data Engineer, you will possess the following essential strengths, skills, and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or physics
- Two (2) years of experience in data acquisition, data mining, data transformation, and cleaning structure/unstructured data
- Strong analytic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Working knowledge of scalable data stores
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently
- Familiarity with Python and Python data processing tools (e.g., numpy, pandas)
We would love to have a candidate that also has the following skills:
- Proficiency with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with data warehouse tools (Snowflake preferred)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (Airflow preferred)
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Knowledge of modern cloud-native data architectures
- Experience building scalable APIs in Python (using FastAPI is a plus!)
- Working knowledge of stream-processing systems (e.g., Kafka)
- Proficiency with Scala (preferred), Java, or C/C++
What We Offer:
- Great compensation package, including a full suite of benefits.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity to make a big impact.
Top five reasons to come to PlanSource:
#5: Join the Vista Family. In March 2019, Vista Equity Partners acquired PlanSource, marking a new phase of growth. Vista’s portfolio of technology and software companies collectively make up the 4th largest software ecosystem in the world with “intraportfolio” career advancement opportunities and have structures in place to leverage shared learnings from across the ecosystem.
#4: PlanSource has the right product. Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#3: Success is rewarded. With more than just a pat on the back, your success is recognized and rewarded. We take care of our employees in every way we can, with comprehensive benefits, employee recognitions, a work hard and play hard environment, and a commitment to wellbeing.
#2: You can grow and develop professionally. PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions and also filling open positions within the company.
#1: PlanSource is the right company and we are on a roll. Be part of a winning team in a high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families – Thousands of employers and millions of consumers use the PlanSource Platform for benefits shopping, enrollment, billing and ongoing administration.