EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Data Scientist, you will help us improve our FIFA franchise by optimizing and personalizing our in-game economy and merchandising efforts. You are a technically-oriented individual, knowledgeable of how to use data and experimentation to solve product problems. You report to a central analytics and data science team but work directly with producers, designers, and product managers on the FIFA team to influence in-game content to help us create an ever more dynamic player journey in our titles.
What a Data Scientist does at EA:
- Translate business and product questions into ethical and mathematically sound experiments.
- Understand how to use principles of machine learning to help learn and tune in game experiences while staying aware of their consequences.
- Draft technical solutions when presented with a problem to a less technical audience.
- Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validates against success criteria.
- Support peers with technical reviews, ensuring quality coding and deployment practices.
- MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related; or equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in data science, analytics, or a related area in a consumer products-oriented industry.
- Advanced SQL skills, including experience querying complex data sets using platforms like Apache Hive or BigQuery.
- Experience developing statistical and machine learning models using languages like Python or R and using tools like Sagemaker or Databricks.
- Experience with several methods of model deployment for use in production software.
- Knowledge of programming best practices, version control, and automation.
- Experience presenting and prioritizing with people at multiple levels of business and technical expertise.
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.