What you’ll do:
Principal Global Investors is looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for data and analytics to join their organization! This role is a great mix of combining programming and data in order to build and tackle strategic business solutions within our Real Estate business. This role will help build out our cloud infrastructure and bring these capabilities to scale to align with enterprise efforts. If you want to be part of building something new while leveraging modern technology and working with new AWS features and you thrive on creating efficiencies, please apply today!
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Work to build technical solutions that are reusable, scalable, fast, and maintainable.
- Focus on growing as an engineer, work with your team to expand data engineering abilities, learn new and existing tools, resources and processes.
- Expand and optimize data and data pipeline architecture.
- Use infrastructure as code for cloud deployment.
- Support critical, ongoing operations while also contributing to new strategic solutions.
- Support data science efforts and work collaboratively with data scientists, engineers, BI analysts and global teams.
- Own continuous improvement in yourself, your team, and the solutions you build.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field or equivalent experience)
- Object oriented development experience (professional, academic, or community exposure)
- Basic planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Self-driven, demonstrating continuous learning, creativity, and strong collaboration skills.
Additional preferred experience:
Cloud experience (we use AWS)
- Database operations, structures and design
- Data Modeling
- Knowledge of agile (scrum) development methodology
- Experience with Investment/Financial Services Data
Salary Range Information: Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salary Range: $49300 - $142800 / year Additional Information:
This position may require on-call responsibilities.
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers and https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag