Who we’re looking for:
The Data Scientist will be a technology leader that will bring our Data Science practices to the next level using a hands-on approach and a passion for deriving business insights through machine learning and deep learning.
Reporting to the Group Manager Vehicle & Parts Supply Chain, the Data Scientist will support the Vehicle– Parts Supply Chains department's objective to increase NA vehicle/ parts supply chain efficiencies, finding new sources of revenue and accelerate their transformation and adoption of modern & emerging technologies/platforms.
This team member should demonstrate strong initiative, technical leadership, relationship building and influential communication skills, well organized and able to work under pressure in addition to applying the principles of the Toyota Way.
- Perform hands-on data manipulation, data transformation, feature engineering, hypothesis testing and modeling.
- Build large scale data pipeline for datasets development using Spark-SQL, Hive, Impala, and/or similar type SQLs.
- Build deployable machine learning pipeline in a distributed cluster and a standalone cluster setting using Spark, Python, R, etc.
- Collaborate on insights with other Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and Partners.
- Evaluate, refine, and continuously improve the efficiency and accuracy of existing Predictive Models.
- Champion new solutions/ ideas around use cases that relate to manufacturing, quality, marketing, customer, products, etc.
- Creatively communicate and present models to business customers and executives, utilizing a variety of formats and visualization methodologies.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Data mining, customer segmentation, and predictive modeling experience.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Experience turning analytical results into compelling stories which influence business direction.
- Hands-on experience with Spark along with Open Source and Big Data Technologies, such as:
- Java, Python, or Scala
- NoSQL, JSON
- Impala, Hive, or SparkSQL
- HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, or other NoSQL Technologies
- Ability to multitask and to balance competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and Statistics (Linear and Non-Linear Regression, Multivariate Adaptive Regression, Decision Trees, K-means Clustering, SVM, Neural Networks, Random Forest).
- R or SAS.
- Text Mining.
- Big Data enabled Advanced Analytics Platforms such as Alpine Chorus or RapidMiner.
Added Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge and experience with the Automotive domain.
- Social Media Data and Sensor Data
- Stanford NLP
- Tableau, D3, or JQuery
What we’ll bring:
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flexible work options based on business needs.
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for
This position is eligible for remote work from qualifying locations. #LI-REMOTE