Master Data Analyst
Responsible for establishing product master data management capabilities to include the development of data standards, reports, monthly audit meetings with each function, business process improvement and monthly data governance meetings.
This role will support master data management, data quality and data governance program initiatives, with responsibility for participating and leading efforts in gathering requirements, data cleansing and business process simplification for several data domains.
- Master Data Analytics
- Work directly with sites and business partners to understand their individual Master Data needs
- Use data analysis skills and toolset to discover impactful insights about Master Data quality and management, evaluating product data with reference to data standards in order to identify data defects
- Partner with data owners to distributedata quality reports, audit the healthof the data and drive data clean-up where product data is not in compliance with data standard
- Master Data Management and Governance
- Partner with data owners to develop data standards for critical data attributes
- Engage with business owners (functions) who own data on the product to create cross-business processes for creating, changing, and discontinuing products in a way that keeps the product data in-sync across all applicable ERP systems and includes service level agreements that determine auditing frequency, turn-around-time, and data correction across businesses and systems
- Partner with business to implement recommended process improvements from beginning to completion including participation in value stream mapping to identify gaps that lead to customer order issues or rework
- Improve training and operational procedures within the business to increase Master Data quality and process efficiency
- Supportdata governance meetings to report on data health, discuss process gaps, status of process improvement opportunities, decide on proposed changes to process or data ownership, escalate issues or requests for support from other functions to leadership as needed.
- Contribute to Kaizens, Just Do It, Root Cause Counter Measures to close process and data gaps across businesses and systems.
- Support Daily Accountability mechanisms that drive visibility to issues, causes and corrective actions with appropriate escalations (e.g. Tier Boards) that are inputs into existing mechanisms with leaders (e.g. Ops Leader)
- BS degree in business, systems, or data science
- 3-5 years’ experience in Master Data management, Data quality and Data Governance.
- Experience in a manufacturing or supply chain environment preferred.
- Experience in data definition and, business rules creation.
- Possess high levels of data accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships across various functional disciplines.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Excel (V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Formulas, Charts)
- Possess strong applied technical knowledge of Word, Access, and Project
- Familiar with master data structures and ERP systems
- Familiar with principles of product lifecycle management
- Knowledgeable about Key Performance Indicators, business process improvement