Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 166722 in the subject line of the email.
We are looking for a data engineer who can bring excellent analytical and technical skills to help productionalize our data science models through existing and new products at scale.
- You’ve got stories. Many years of experience as a software engineer have taught you valuable lessons that you will bring and share.
- You are an expert with data. Our engineers are experts in multiple technologies and multiple languages. You have a solid knowledge of the whole stack: REST APIs, relational databases, big data technologies, and batch processes.
- You want to own it. You embrace the challenges inherent in being fully responsible for an important part of our business, from helping to set a technical vision to continuously evolving products based on performance metrics.
- You’re agile (and not just in the buzzword sense). You know how to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and you enjoy doing so. In fact, you wouldn’t have it any other way.
- You are a natural-born detective, and have fun even while diagnosing production issues, because solving problems is just part of what makes you tick.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals. Our large data sets and low latency solutions require a deep background in CS. BS or MS in computer science is preferred, but if you’ve acquired the chops in some other way then come show us.
- Experience architecting and delivering scalable, distributed microservices.
- Expert in Java and working knowledge of Ruby or Python.
- Knowledge of or experience with Oracle 12c, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Apache Spark, and Elasticsearch are all helpful.
- Experience and strong working knowledge of Unix.
- Strong working knowledge of a SQL dialect.
- Excellent CS fundamentals.
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks.
- Experience or interest in learning Git.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.