LexisNexis is a division of the RELX Group with operations in more than 100 countries. We are a leading supplier of information and technology solutions to the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, tax, accounting and academic professionals. Our mission is to support our customers to advance commerce, society and justice.
About the team & role:
The Data & Reporting team is responsible for Pacific operational data management and reporting. The team provides Operational Analytics for most departments, including Finance, Sales, Marketing and Product/Content teams. We work directly with operational teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, balancing tactical and strategic objectives.
Data is at the core of our business and we drive automation, self-service solutions, and predictive analytics to advance operations. This isn’t restricted to reporting solutions, but also includes working closely with strategic and product teams to apply algorithmic modelling, machine learning and artificial intelligent practices to identify organisational growth opportunities.
This is a full-time role to be based in Sydney with the possibility of combined home/office-based arrangements to have flexible work-life balance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Decision making – understanding complex issues, weighing potential consequences & outcomes, determining the critical path to success.
- Creating a service reputation – using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to resolve difficult customer situations and regain customer confidence.
- Innovation – contribute to a team culture of innovation with personal ownership and passion supporting new ideas and capabilities from concept to implementation.
- Continuous improvement (CI) – identifying improvement opportunities, fostering ideas, and implementing solutions that will contribute to CI.
- Coaching and developing others – providing feedback, instruction, and guidance to help the team excel in their current roles
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills – maintain a cutting edge understanding of existing and emerging/disruptive technologies as well as their potential commercial implications.
- Commercial acumen – prioritise capability development around commercial opportunity and application.
- Communication – translate technical issues into commercial language. Be able to translate business questions and issues into a technical design as required within the department. Ability to present ideas to a group of Stakeholders.
What’s in this role for you?
- An opportunity to work for a leading global organisation.
- A dynamic and diverse role that works with a collaborative cross functional service team.
- Being part of an innovation focused organisation always evolving to have the highest levels of best practice.
- Flexible working conditions with option to work from home.
- Interesting, varied, and challenging work with well-defined career pathways.
- Your birthday is a bonus holiday every year.
- Get an extra wellness day holiday every year.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience working with and applying data mining techniques to large unstructured datasets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience analysing and integrating data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Power BI
- Must be able to engage with Senior Management gathering and understanding of business requirements and the ability to turn into technical solutions
- Should be excellent in T-SQL Coding Skills
- Delivery of both tactical and strategic solutions to support commercial objectives of the organisation
- Ability to deliver to strict deadlines
- Experience of working in Agile development teams, specifically SCRUM
- Experience of configuring, querying and optimising queries on multiple Database platforms, such as Oracle, Redshift and SQL Server
- Should be familiar with Source Control approaches and methodologies
To learn more about opportunities with LexisNexis or RELX Global, join us here:
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible – apply now to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.