Founded in Munich, Germany in 1989, Brainlab develops, manufactures and markets software-driven medical technology, enabling access to improved, more efficient, less-invasive patient treatments. Our key to success is our creative, talented and hard-working team, which consists of 1500 dedicated and inspiring individuals in 20 offices worldwide. To succeed in reaching our targets, we are seeking committed colleagues who can stand behind our core values of inspiration, simplicity and integrity:
Brain-Pulse is a start-up division of the Brainlab family and is situated in its headquarter in Munich. We are using non-invasive brain accelerometry to measure a completely new biological signal to improve the diagnosis of brain anomalies such as stroke. Our aim is to profoundly impact patient care by saving time in diagnoses and paving the way for better patient outcomes.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled data scientist, who is ready to make a difference and to help us discover diagnostic information in our novel signal. As part of our strong data science team, you will be working with our clinical cooperation partners as well as external research partners. With them, you will enhance our discovery pipeline using clinical data of our proprietary headset, define and handle the processing of the data, and explore diagnostic algorithms that will improve patient treatment and outcomes.
As a data scientist, you will
- work with our accelerometer data from clinical trials and respective metadata to ensure data integrity
- establish and enhance pre-processing methods to remove signal noise and identify our signals of interest
- identify signal features that are promising candidates to achieve clinically meaningful separation of our clinical cohorts
- build and optimize classifiers using data mining and machine learning methods
- transfer the found features and classifications into explainable algorithms
- create meaningful visualizations and present results in a clear and structured manner
- drive the enhancement of the storage and handling of the clinical data
- support the release of the predictive algorithms as part of a medical device
- be part of the research for a new, non-invasive, and rapid way of diagnosing serious brain diseases
- Education in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Signal Analysis or Machine Learning
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in the analysis of biological time-series signals, such as EEG or ECG
- Practical experience in software development using Python and respective libraries, e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy, PyTorch, etc.
- Ideally firsthand experience in the medical software domain
- Experience in implementation of machine and deep learning pipelines
- Experience with cloud-based frameworks (AWS, Azure) and version control frameworks (git)
- Advanced knowledge and application of pre-processing and data cleaning techniques for time series signals
- Interest in contributing to the entire pipeline from data acquisition to algorithm validation.
- Experience in working with unstructured clinical (meta)data is a plus
- Domain knowledge on the brain or the brain vasculature is a plus
- Very good communication skills in English (German is a strong plus) and ability to communicate with colleagues from all around the world and different areas of specialty
- A mutually-supportive, international team
- Meaningful work with a lasting impact on medical technology
- 30 vacation days, plus December 24th and January 1st
- Flexible working hours
- Parking garage and safe underground bike storage
- Award-winning subsidized company restaurant and in-house cafes
- Variety-rich fitness program in our ultra-modern 360m2 company gym
- Regular after work, team, and company events
- Comprehensive training and continuing education opportunities
A position at Brainlab means that you’ll be part of a professional business environment working together with an excellent international team. You will be a valued member of a team of likeminded individuals. You’ll be assessed fairly and given great opportunities based on your performance.
Ready to apply? We look forward to receiving your online application including your first available start date and desired salary.
Contact person: Géraldine Endres