Jan 5 2022
Given the increased focus on data and analytics, we need additional Principal Data Scientist to work on, and leading, cutting-edge AI/ML projects with a strong focus on productionisation of Digital Twins.
In the emerging data and analytics world, AI/ML plays a key role, and the Principal Data Scientist must be a creative thinker and propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data. Expect our data to be messy and full of hidden treasures than only be found after using smart data wrangling and machine learning strategies. He/She will need to validate their findings using an experimental and iterative process. These approaches involve trial and error and may require multiple cycles, so are best addressed using iterative development methods such as agile or lean. We expect the Principal Data Scientist to bring a wealth of experience delivering production level projects that understands the difficulties moving from POC to Product. Our work covers working mainly with teams in Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain.
Principal Data Scientist is accountable for delivering projects with a high risk / reward ratio. He / She needs to ensure that they are focused on delivering value at optimal cost while ensuring that GSK Tech is looking far enough into the future to guide the business. Leading virtual teams as leading expert is key to this role. You will help guide the team towards the optimal AI/ML strategies for the problems we are solving. As Principal Data Scientist you are also responsible for the productionisation of our Digital Twins AI/ML capabilities platform that is utilizing IoT, Feature Store, Edge-computing, and Cloud.
Accountable for all the business process identified in the scope below and contributing to the development of our AI/ML capabilities Strategy. In your role, you will collaborate with other functional teams and digital innovation team to ensure the optimal portfolio of applications exists to support the business.
- Managing AI/ML projects and programs to deliver on time and avoid scope creep?
- Ensure the right level of AI/ML complexity is picked to solve business demands. Avoid overcomplicated solutions and drive for robust AI/ML solutions.
- Co-create with the business use-cases that will benefit from AI/ML
Given the broad diversity and significant size of the information used as part of the analysis, assessing the validity of the findings can be challenging and, as such, the chances of misleading results are greater. Principal Data Scientist will need to be able to present back their findings to the business by exposing their assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by their business counterparts. Strong understanding of using the right type of visualisations is key for success.
Business process areas in scope:
- Supply Chain
- Identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions while maintaining the right balance between speed to market and analytical soundness when designing solutions
- Product Roadmap and strategy for Digital Twins
- Influence machine learning strategy for a program/project; explores design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigour
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals
- Lead discussions at peer review and uses quantitative skills to positively influence decision making
- Represent GSK externally to advance technical capability across the Industry
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to the fields of biology, chemistry, and medicine
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets
- Deploy your algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stake holders
- Design, develop and implement analytical solutions using a variety of commercial and open source tools (common tools include Python, R, TensorFlow)
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts, GIO-Q, Commercial and Medical
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies
- Educate the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on these new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results
- Provide thought leadership: facilitate cross-geography fertilization of ideas and implements key principles/best-practices and guidelines across the categories
- Enable the future BI / Analytics infrastructure and self-service model
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A higher degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in any at least 2 of the AI domains: NLP, NLG, Digital Twins, Computer Vision, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud (Azure or AWS or Google Cloud) platform infrastructure and on-prem to run and optimize distributed data applications
- Product mindset, move from POC to Products
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- PhD preferred
- Experience with Quantum AI/ML, federated AI/ML, Production Digital Twins, or Encrypted AI/ML big plus
- Outcome driven experience, consulting background plus
- Experience understanding of a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience/Familiarity with standard deep learning algorithms (CNN, LSTM, etc.)
- Experience with AI/ML Devops and CI/CD
- Experience producing high-quality code, tests, documentation
- Experience working in global virtual teams
- Fluency in French
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines – Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 170 countries. For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
The TECH business unit has the remit to transform how new technologies are used to improve performance across Vaccines.
The department is accountable for the design, implementation and support of GSK vaccines digital, data and analytics solutions. Vaccines TECH works with a wide range of partners from inside and outside the healthcare sector to bring new technologies to GSK, enhancing areas such as clinical trials and drug development; improving how we interact with healthcare professionals, customers and consumers; and making internal processes more efficient.
Visit our TECH careers section: https://be.gsk.com/en/careers/tech-professionals/ to know more about our technological transformation and career opportunities.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.