Business Analytics & Insights (BAI) Group harnesses the power of data to drive robust analytical insights that inform some of Pfizer's most critical business questions. With colleagues across the globe, BAI’s rigorous analytical expertise is depended on as the compass and decision support for the enterprise. Our dynamic, exciting team of subject-matter experts comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including market research, data science, digital analytics, finance, and consulting. As a team, we partner to turn data into meaningful insights that will have a direct impact on patient's lives and the future of Pfizer as a data-driven organization.
The person in this role is accountable for delivering data science projects in Italy. The person will partner with BAI, Commercial and Medical teams, to develop and implement models and data-science derived insights that drive EU strategic priorities. This will include executing and interpreting AI/ML models, framing problems, shaping solutions
Also, this person will help shape the brands’ strategies and tactics by interfacing closely with Data Science COEs and leveraging capabilities that have been developed around bespoke AI/ML models, and interface closely with omnichannel-operations to drive execution.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. The successful candidate will join BAI colleagues worldwide that are constantly supporting business transformation through their proactive thought leadership, innovative analytical capabilities, and their ability to communicate highly complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways.
Role definition and key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Commercial and Medical Data Science and Insights
- Provide data science hands on generated insights to Country Commercial and Medical teams to drive brand tactic decisions
- Assist to frame, investigate, translate complex data related models, and answer key business questions related to the identification and evaluation of Commercial and Medical brand strategies and tactics
- Connect machine learning models and insights together to identify Medical and Commercial brand opportunities and tactics to execute
- Guide Medical and Commercial brand teams via compelling and persuasive story and deliver clear and actionable brand tactic recommendations
- Track and analyze impacts of Medical and Commercial brand strategies and tactics using dashboards and data products
Collaborate with Data Science COE
- Partner with Data Science COE to develop bespoke AI and machine learning models; Configure pre-built models and interpret updated results
- Ensure alignment with Data Science COEs teams to ensure cohesive activities with stakeholders
Collaboration With Other BAI And Analytics Teams
- Partner with BAI market lead to incorporate and prioritize data science insights into analytics plans and recommendations
- Align across BAI Data Science teams and Data Science COE teams to ensure cohesive activities with our stakeholders
- Partner with other analytic functions to advance the use of novel data sources, including RWD
- Analytical Thinker: Understands how to synthesize facts and information from varied data sources, both new and pre-existing, into discernable insights and perspectives; takes a problem-solving approach by connecting analytical thinking with an understanding of business drivers and how BAI can provide value to the organization
- Data and Information Manager: Understands and uses analytical skills/tools to produce data in a clean, organized way to drive objective insights
- Communicator: Can understand, translate, and distill the complex, technical findings of the data science team into commentary that facilitates effective decision making; can readily align interpersonal style with the individual needs of others
- Collaborative: Manages projects with and through others; shares responsibility and credit; develops self and others through teamwork
- Project Manager: Clearly articulates scope and deliverables of projects; breaks complex initiatives into detailed component parts and sequences actions appropriately; develops action plans and monitors progress independently; designs success criteria and uses them to track outcomes; drives implementation of recommendations when appropriate, engages with stakeholders throughout to ensure buy-in
- Self-Starter: Takes an active role in one’s own professional development; stays abreast of analytical trends, and cutting-edge applications of data
- Hands on deep expertise with machine learning models, proficiency in: Python/R and at least one of visualization tools Tableau/Qlik/Power BI/Dash
- Expertise in common supervised and unsupervised machine learning models and its best applications
- Working knowledge of Dataiku DSS is a great plus
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Italian or German would be a plus
- Preferred experience in understanding pharmaceutical commercial product lifecycle, its strategy, and tactics
- Experience in management of secondary data with application of real-world data
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams (Commercial, Medical, Operations) to generate insights and ensure actions
- Ability to connect, integrate and synthesize analysis and data into a meaningful ‘so what’ to drive concrete strategic recommendations for brand tactics. Capable of describing relevant caveats in data or in a model and how they relate to business question
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands and deal with ambiguity
- 4+ years experience in data science function, country strategy and/or strategic consulting
- Experience using data science models to solve problems in a business environment setting
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline like engineering or data science; also advanced degree preferred in business administration, statistics, or other relevant field
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives
... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Marketing and Market Research