Title: Data Engineer (Remote Availability)
Location: Eagle, ID
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Lamb Weston is pursuing a modernization of its data assets and analytics environment. With executive support, Lamb Weston is building out its data assets to enable next generation analytics by strengthening its historical and diagnostic activities while enabling forward looking predictive, predictive, management science and optimization activities across it business functions.
This role plays an exciting and central role in the success of this mission. The successful candidate will be closely aligned with business partners and be empowered to build enterprise business focused data models to drive tangible and material business value.
- Design, builds and maintain data warehouses (existing and from scratch) using Data Vault methodology
- Design and implement efficient data pipelines (ETLs) to integrate data from a variety of sources into Data Warehouse as well as data model changes that align with warehouse standards and backfill or other warehouse data management processes
- Evaluates data design, database architecture, metadata and repositories for performance and effective design
- Develop scalable ETL data pipelines with python, SQL, and AWS cloud tools.
- Optimization of existing SQL queries to improve reliability and performance.
- Develop and execute testing strategies to ensure high quality warehouse data
- Provide documentation, training, and consulting for data warehouse users
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to design and architect data warehouse and analytics solutions
- Perform requirement and data analysis in order to support warehouse project definition
- Provide input and feedback to support continuous improvement in team processes
- Analyze data to ensure information is accurate and reconcilable to its source of origin. Perform quality assurance testing as appropriate prior to releasing data/information/reports into production / end users.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Requires minimum BS in Computer Science or related field or combination of education and experience sufficient to perform duties at an experienced level
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience (in addition to education) in a technical environment with data warehouse design and implementation.
- 3 Years of programming experience in SQL, Java or Python
- Experience modeling in Kimball or Data Vault methodologies
- Requires demonstrated ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Experience with AWS tooling, Snowflake are preferred but not necessary.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Love of learning new technologies and having fun
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-222390
Time Type: Full time
The state of Colorado requires Lamb Weston to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to individuals applying to work remotely from Colorado and takes into account a number of factors. A reasonable estimate of the range for this role is $42,680 - $137,470. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to work location, experience and expertise.
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law