At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose - to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
The Supply Chain Solution – Data Scientist will be based in Chennai.
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Work closely with business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Test multiple models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about situation
- Translate Supply Chain business problems and questions into specific quantitative questions to be answered with available data using robust methodologies.
- The data collection will be part of the task and needed to work with ETL/DBA
- Coordinate and perform testing on data quality and solutions
- Build scalable prototype analytics solutions
- Work closely with Business , SME, IT to build the Solutions/Applications
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience
- Strong knowledge of R or Python (2+ years) is required. Demonstrated skill and experience of data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python).
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in database analysis tools, such as Hadoop, SQL and Teradata
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in order to explain your work to people who don't understand the mechanics behind data analysis
- Effective listening skills in order to understand the requirements of the business
- Drive and the resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn't work - you'll be expected to work with minimal supervision, so it's important that you're able to motivate yourself
- Planning, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solution.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- Work experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing
- Be able to present quantitative results in the right context to various target audiences
- Experience of deploying ML applications.
- Demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions
- Experience in ownership of solutions – lifecycle, roadmap, implementation, business value generation
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
Global Procurement & Supply Chain
Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.