Consulting – Data and Analytics – Senior Data Scientist – Hong Kong
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist / Senior Data Engineer to join our Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics (DnA) team in our Hong Kong office.
EY Data and Analytics (EY DnA) is our flagship data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Scientist / Senior Data Engineer, you will be the technical leader for advanced analytics, data science or data engineering within the EY DnA team in Hong Kong. You will work with broader DnA team to deliver solutions utilizing leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as Azure, AWS, Cloudera, Snowflake etc.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Lead the advanced analytics and data science capabilities or the data engineering projects
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand their business requirements and apply the latest AI, data science, advanced analytics and data solution to provide actionable insights to our clients
- Lead the design and development of advanced statistical models to deliver effective predictive models and be able to clearly explain the model strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Lead the design and development of Enterprise Data Platform solutions to support clients’ major data transformation programmes
- Participate in sales pursuits and business development opportunities for advanced analytics work as well as supporting wider data and analytics projects and opportunities
Skills and Attributes For Success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
At least 5 years' experience in delivering advanced analytics / machine learning / complex data integration projects
- Experience in leading a team of Data Analysts / Data Scientists / Data Engineers to successful project delivery
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM and Decision Forests etc.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms and platforms, neural network such as Tensor flow, Caffe and CNTK etc.
- Strong skills in one of the common data science toolkits such as Python and R etc.
- Solid skills in SQL and proficiency in one of the programming languages such as Python / Scala, C#, Java and C++.
- For Senior Data Engineer, strong skills in designing Enterprise Data Warehouse architecture, strong skills in designing and implementing data storage (such as Azure SQL Data Warehouse, AWS Redshift and Oracle), expert in one or more data integration technologies (such as Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Datastage, Microsoft SSIS and Talend) and experience in data model design for visualization
- Experience in handling unstructured data and structured data with large, complex and multiple data sets from various sources
- Experience in working with real-time, near real-time, MQ and streaming solutions utilizing technologies such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Grid/Hub, Service Bus and Spark Streaming
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills for both technical and business audiences
- Fluency in English, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Exceptional communication, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in some of the key AI platforms such as IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, Google API AI and Facebook AI etc.
- Demonstrable experience as the technical SME for advanced analytics business pursuits
- Track record of delivering complex end-to-end data projects from source systems to consumption layer
What We Offer
We strive to recruit the talented people. This means you will be surrounded by highly skilled and passionate individuals wherever you go at EY. When you join our team, you open the door to a stimulating international career. It is rewarding to be part of an organization that is at the forefront of analytics. You will get a chance to work on and support sophisticated and market-leading products. We are a global organization with a promising future and lots of opportunities for you to evolve and grow. A culture where respect, integrity and teaming define the way we work together. You'll also find support for your continuous growth and success.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.