- Fantastic Innovative Start-up Environment
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Awesome Culture
We believe it’s time for a new type of bank. One that steps up and does the right thing by its customers; that puts them first. One that is relevant and meaningful in today’s world.
We’re that new type of bank. We’re digital only, and harness the capabilities of technology, data and artificial intelligence to deliver an entire bank in the palm of your hand. We exist solely to serve our customers - to give them a smarter, more personalised banking experience. We are constantly adapting and evolving to help customers make better, more informed financial decisions. We do things in real time, to bring real value to their lives. We put them first.
And we do this every second, of every minute, of every day.
All 86,400 of them. We’re 86 400.YOUR WHY
You are excited to play a role in growing a fledgling data science programme and will use your understanding of advanced analytics and statistical modelling to generate insights, refine our product strategy and promote a culture of experimentation and measurement.
You’ll like to be close to the action – this role will partially embed with our product and UX teams, and will also collaborate closely with our agile delivery squads to develop triggers and models for customer-facing app features.
This role reports to the Head of Data and Analytics.HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME AT 86 400
As a Data Scientist you will be expected to:
WHAT MAKES YOU TICK
- Develop analytics deep dives into customer behaviour and feature utilisation by exploring data from transactional sources, client systems, web analytics and external providers.
- Confidently present findings and recommendations back to our product and UX/design teams to shape the future of the 86 400 customer experience.
- Implement an experimentation framework and utilise A/B testing to validate the impact of feature releases across different cohorts and demographics.
- Focus on improving data literacy across the business, teaching partner teams when, where, and how to harness data to inform decision making.
- Identify opportunities for the development of advanced analytic algorithms/models that may enhance or extend the 86 400 customer experience.
- Collaborate with our Data Engineers and delivery teams to develop, train, orchestrate and deploy these assets.
- Work as part of the Data & Analytics function to uplift shared practices and processes, and to build out our centralised data platform for data science use cases.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO 86 400
- A blank page doesn’t scare you – you focus on solutions even when faced with ambiguity
- You are a strong communicator, skilled in explaining complex concepts to non-technical audiences and able to tell a compelling story with data.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge established thinking based on the results of your analysis
- You know that in practice data science is about more than building ML models, but aren’t afraid to have a go at that if it’s the right solution for the problem
- You work well autonomously, balancing the demands of partners against larger strategic initiatives, but like the idea of still having a like-minded team to hang out with for Friday drinks
- You know when to put your hand up for help when stuck, or for guidance on priorities
- Proficient with at least one statistical package/programming tool (Python, R) and a SQL expert
- Skilled in one or more data visualisation tools (Plotly, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience in designing and analysing experiments that drive key decisions
- A strong foundational background in statistics (distributions, probability, inference, etc.)
- Knowledge of overall process of model pipelines (training, hyperparameter tuning, etc.)
- Good business planning, analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong skills with Jira & Confluence and an ability to manage competing deliverables
- At least 5 years practical experience in the analysis of large and complex data sets
- Experience working with cloud-based data and analytics platforms
- Ability to visualise and present complex data to non-technical audiences
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in statistics, data science or an equivalent discipline
VALUES. EVERY SECOND
- Previous work experience in a financial services or digital product environment
- Experience implementing A/B testing frameworks and creating tools to track results
- Previous experience with Databricks for analytics and data science work
- A good sense of humour
- Customer. Customer - We put the customer’s best interests at the forefront of everything we do. We believe financial success will follow customer success.
- Agile and Brave - Constantly collaborating in new ways to create something genuinely innovative.
- Value Each Other - We respect everyone’s contribution, embracing a common goal and championing individuality.
- Frank and Authentic - A high performing team who say what we mean and mean what we say to create a strong team culture.
- Show Up - We bring our passion, positivity and sense of fun every day to embrace the challenges of changing the banking game.
If you are looking to look for an innovative company which adds value, then this is the role for you. A competitive package is on offer for the successful candidate.
Visit: www.86400.com.auPlease note:
no agencies will be accepted in the recruitment of this role. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates for their application. Our standard is that every candidate receives an outcome email or other written communication as a minimum.