As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, TransferWise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us to be sustainable.
What you'll be doing:
At TransferWise, we've got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. It is barely possible to achieve a mission without making data driven decisions across the board at TransferWise. Decisions should rely on financially compliant, reliable and timely data so that our customers, regulators, investors can trust us being sustainable.
As a Senior Analyst in Finance your role can span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe technical / operational teams - from helping us build a sustainable real time financial data engine, ensuring our financials are looking sustainable down to supporting stakeholders with data, modeling, data investigation and getting knowledge out of it. We can jointly decide what will be your first focus areas and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas and help us achieve our mission.
At TransferWise people and teams get a ton of freedom and autonomy, while definitely having a focus on some particular objectives and key results over different periods of time. Depending on our join team prioritization across the board and your personal growth preferences you can be focusing on:
- Collaborate with engineering teams and product managers on building, scaling, modularizing our financial engine
- Building and growing advanced financial data controls, maturing collaboration with product teams across the globe as well as key finance stakeholders
- Designing, explaining and constantly maturing very creative financial models allowing us to make wise financial and product decisions at any point in time
- Investing into building raw and analytical data pipelines together with data engineers, other analysts
- Directly supporting key stakeholders with data, information and insights
- Learn our data domain, product and internal financials whilst helping others benefit from our data
- Drive data accessibility on a self-serve basis
Due to COVID-19 we are currently working remotely but have access to the office at a reduced capacity. The Finance team is spread across several locations in Europe (currently London & Tallinn) while stakeholders work across the globe - from Brazil to Australia.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact - you will have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success - you'll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future - build an efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
The experience you'll need:
- you have 4-5 years experience as a data analyst in business facing teams or technical product building teams
- You have strong SQL skills, building experience in Python
- You have experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- You are flexible in the set of technologies you use now and like proactively learning some new stuff in both technical and business parts of your job
- You can develop data visualizations using typical BI tools (we use Looker, Tableau)
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach, solution
- You can work with minimal direction beforehand and are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution
Bonus points for:
- previous experience in working with JAVA development teams
- worked with PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Airflow
- have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- experience in start-ups and/or agile, dynamic work environments
- experience in financial reporting and comfortable with accounting principles
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.