Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
13th Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113
The Data Engineer/Architect will provide the management, mentoring and oversee the design, development and building of Enterprise Data Models in the Microsoft Azure Platform. The successful candidate will ensure the organization’s cloud and on-premises data is centralized into a single data lake and modelled to support data analysis requirements from all business groups of the organization. The candidate will also Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modelling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
The Data Engineer/Architect will also organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of external consultants and internal Hubbell employees and effective collaboration with business stakeholders. In addition, the Data Engineer/Architect will manage workloads for external consultants and internal Hubbell employees to ensure they are following best practices for development and delivering projects for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills And Experience
- Work with business leaders and product stakeholders to design operation and strategic solutions for the organization
- Ensure that all designs use pattern framework for codeless solutions
- Recommend automation toolsets to standardize and simplify business processes
- Oversee and manage both external and internal team of Data Engineers
- Interview and onboard resources for projects that align to our best practice framework
- Oversee the design ingestion workloads processes from on premise and cloud-based systems
- Have extensive hands-on experience with large data sets and design ingestion workloads, build ingestion processes for data lake zones (Bronze, Silver, Gold) using Databricks, Data Factory, Data Pipes into SQL DW / Synapse
- Provide hands on development of the design, architecture and build of Enterprise Data Models in Microsoft Azure
- Establish procedures to load and performance tune large data sets required for optimal processing using Databricks, Data Factory, SQL, Python, PySpark
- Standardize all integration processes and build best practice SQL DW / Synapse models
- 5+ years of practical hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure
- 6+ years’ experience in Python development
- 6+ years’ experience in SQL development
- Proficient in writing optimized SQL to handle large data volumes and complex joins
- Experience in ingesting data from multiple platforms and consolidating the information into data models that provide actionable insights
- Experience with 2 or more SAP S4HANA models is highly desirable
- Hands on SAP S4HANA Fiori experience is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of integration architecture – both on premise and in the cloud.
- Knowledge of CLIENT legacy applications and how to integrate them in Azure Data Lake with partitioning and governance
Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems