Are you an analytical, data-driven graduate? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions? This unique opportunity offers technical challenge, a creative open problem-solving environment, and quick responsibility and progression.
The purpose of the position is to fundamentally unlock insights contained in data and create solutions to challenges related to the delivery of external audit.What you’ll do:
- Work on Mazars’ most strategic audit clients, including many high profile international listed companies – delivering full cycle external audits as part of the audit team. You will work in many different industry sectors including banking and insurance, retail and the automotive sector to name a few. Exposure to multiple sectors will provide you with a broad view and understanding of the economy.
- Innovation ambassador, promoting new ideas to our audit teams and working as part of a network of innovation champions. As part of this community you will be designing, developing and trialling new processes and technology.
- Complement your STEM degree with business application and knowledge, discovering how companies work, including processes, controls, accounting and reporting systems.
- Experience secondment opportunities to other departments within Mazars, where data science is critical; business areas may include quantitative services, actuarial, consulting and forensics – in the UK and overseas.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- STEM degree, 2:1 or above. Your academic background will be in business analytics, data-science, statistics or equivalent programme focused on data and analytics. We will also consider any degree discipline if it involved a data analytics module.
- Data analytics skills from a related degree or experience (work experience is not essential)
- Keen interest in technology
- Strong work ethic; the desire to innovate, get things done, and to learn and progress.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to influence, build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
- Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Background in any programming language such as Java, Python, R
- Linux knowledge
- Knowledge of one: MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Postgre SQL
- Knowledge of any visualisation technologies such as Power-BI, QlikView, Tableau
Your professional development plan focuses using your strengths to do your best work every day. You will be supported by a mentor and a people manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. We offer opportunities to help develop your skills in addition to hands-on experience – development plans are unique to each individual. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development training you will have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout your career.
You will receive technical training within our External Audit and Consulting Data team and on-the-job experience in related teams i.e. quantitative services, actuarial, consulting and forensics.
We will give you the option to study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 800 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients daily. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border support to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial services market.
Teams within Financial Services:Banking:
The banking group cover clients such as emerging banks and UK operations of large international banks.Insurance:
The insurance group cover clients from entrepreneurial insurance brokers to Lloyd’s syndicates and large international underwriters.
CULTURE & REWARDDIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AT MAZARS
Mazars is committed to a 360 degree diversity approach, from building diverse leadership teams which reflect our clients and society, to creating an open, inclusive, culture where individual voices are heard. Our client-facing people can be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites - our approach to agile working (see benefits) can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service. We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers. Visit our D&I page to see the ways we are driving diversity https://www.mazarscareers.co.uk/about-mazars/diversity-inclusion .
BESPOKE BENEFITS THAT WORK FOR YOU
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.