BECOME PART OF THE TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES ACROSS THE WORLD BUILD SOFTWARE. SOVTECH IS A CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY WITH TEAMS BASED IN JOHANNESBURG, LONDON, AND CAPE TOWN.
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, are always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams.
We design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses. Our teams are globally distributed so we have adopted a Fluid approach to remote vs office-based work, encouraging freedom, fluidity of working location, collaboration & exploration. At SovTech, teams define their remote days to encourage collaboration & knowledge sharing whilst still creating the flexibility of remote working.
Our Company Values (The SovTech Spex):
#Smile #Adapt #Results #Tech #Innovate #Partnership #Sorted #Worldclass #Blitz #GiveASh*t
About the Role:
- Work closely with our data science and platform teams on projects introducing new streams of data into data lake
- You will get to bring new ideas on how to further develop and innovate our data solutions and how to expose that data to the business
- Accountable and Responsible for the design and architecture of Data systems that are robust and scalable.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum framework or Agile mindset
- Data backup/recovery and storage
- Pick-up and learn new concepts, in both engineering and product, and be able to apply that knowledge quickly.
- Perform detailed data analysis to develop the data warehouse’s / BI solution’s data model.
- Participate in the business requirements definition activities
- Review models designed by other DBA’s and related the activities of other modelling efforts to the model under review.
- Model and understand the overall business architecture.
- Structure of the enterprise data models so that it aligns with and enables the operational and analytics capabilities.
What we are looking for:
- Our Enterprise team is looking for a Senior Data Modeller for new enterprise data lake.
What Tech would you be working with?
- Power BI
- Data Modelling.
What we can tell you about our culture:
Have a look through our Careers page: Join Our Team, Help Build The Future. Become part of the team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software.
Our latest Blog posts: Visit our latest blog posts to gain insights, tips, news, articles, and tech updates
Humans of SovTech: Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page
5+ years experience as a Data Engineer
- Cloud experience (Azure/AWS/GCP/Snowflake/Other)
- Technical architecture (MPP, Data Lakes, CDC, ETL Toolsets)
- Methodology experience (Agile, DMBOK, DataOps, MLOps, Other)
- Data Management experience
- Data Modelling (Kimball, DataVault, Inmon)
- Understand the data requirements of front-end (reporting, dashboarding and analysis tools.)
- Data warehouse design methodology training.
- Familiarity with integrating data stores with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- You have experience with the concepts of CI/CD
- Coding skills in e.g. Go, Python