We are looking for someone to join our team of data engineers/developers to build great actionable visualizations for the various teams in our company.
The role will not require software engineering (e.g. Python/R) but is a big plus. You will primarily be designing, creating and iterating on dashboards that help the teams achieve their goals, with data engineering support from the team.
Data plays a significant role in the company’s daily operations, and we need someone who can understand the bigger picture and come up with great ideas for dashboards that the teams will love to use, dashboards that will make their lives better.
We imagine this role to be more visualization than data manipulation, so take note of that based on your own inclinations. However, if you end up doing both heavily to achieve good things, it’s another big plus.
Here, we believe that creating the best environment we can for you to do good work is a priority. We try to steer things in a direction where you are doing more of what engages you. As an internal team, we are able to coordinate with other teams to create enough space for you to do good work instead of making infinite compromises rushing for deadlines.
What you will be doing
- Understanding and making sense of what each team is out to achieve. To build better dashboards, you become the user.
- Build and iterate on dashboards
- Collaborate with the engineers to get the data to create the dashboards you need
- A degree is not required, but we will want to see the work you’ve done. That’s more important. Minimum of 1 year to 3 years of relevant experience may be useful.
- Experience in DOMO/Tableau/Power BI. We are using DOMO, but believe it can be quickly learned as long as you have experience in any of these.
- Proficiency in SQL
- (Optional) Experience with data processing language(s) - Python, R, Matlab
- (Optional) If you’ve been to or are in any data science course, please bring it up!