Data Engineer- Scala, Spark, Big Data
- Deliver data engineering solutions using the most cutting-edge Big Data stack!
- Join one of Australia’s advanced Engineering capabilities in our Chief Data Office
- Work with an amazing team of engineers who thrive to build innovative data solutions!
About the Role:
This role would be ideal for an experienced Data Engineer with a strong background in software engineering or big data development, who has a keen interest to deliver data centric solutions on an existing Hadoop platform. Reporting to the Engineering Lead in the Chief Data Office team, you will work within a portfolio comprising of more than 200 people, and you will interact with both onsite and offshore teams, including mid to senior level staff, ranging from Program Managers, Data Architects, Data Engineers, Staff Engineers and Change Owners. You will play a pivotal role in contributing towards key strategic initiatives and high profile projects, within the Data engineering teams.
What skills you will need to be successful?
- Strong skills in big data engineering applications using functional programming in Scala, along with backend coding expertise in Java and Python are mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and debugging big data applications on Hadoop platform, using Spark and ETL based tech stack would be highly essential.
- Previous experience in building group data products by integrating large sets of data from hundreds of internal and external sources would be highly critical.
- A true passion to learn new skills, along with being smart and diligent to solve data problems with a risk-mindset appetite is highly critical.
- Effective stakeholder management skills and proactive communication skills in coaching and positively influencing business stakeholders, along with other technical leadership groups are highly essential.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working programs to promote your mental well-being and work life balance!
- A brilliant team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at work
- Fantastic growth and career progression opportunities on offer!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/04/2021