cgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success. geo
cgi is looking for a Mid-Level Data Scientist to provide technical support of the USAID GeoCenter’s core functions. The Mid-Level Data Scientist will help build the capacity of USAID’s workforce to integrate a geographic approach into Agency programs, as well as access geospatial data and tools. The Mid-Level Data Scientist will aid with gathering, formatting, managing, and integrating relevant data to create mapping products for visualizing international development activities. The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a Mid-Level Data Scientist, which include:
- Apply data analytics to gain insights about trends and patterns at the global, national, and sub-national scale in countries where USAID works.
- Perform data integration, data visualization, data mining, and analysis tools to arrive at results.
- Apply analytic results to context of relevant geographic, social, economic and political factors. (one quantity can be facility access)
- Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
- An active and collaborative team member.
- An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
- Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving to support our client’s missions.
As an employee of geo
cgi, the Mid-Level Data Scientist will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
The Following Are Requirements Of The Mid-Level Data Scientist
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
- Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
- Flexible work hours and PTO.
- Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals.
- Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret Clearance.
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field; or 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, and/or Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online.
- Ability to engage stakeholders from varying Bureaus’ and Missions throughout the world to demonstrate the value of geospatial analysis and data management as a tool for informed decision-making.
- Experience with Tableau and/or PowerBI.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including preparing correspondence, written reports, and briefs.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in/knowledge of in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), MS Project, Primavera, CostWorks, and Success Estimator.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. geo
cgi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geo
cgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.