This position is for a Data Engineer within the Lockheed Martin Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO). This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced Information Technology organization where the latest technologies will be developed and applied.
We are looking for someone with strong hands on experience in all layers of data integration and analytics! The ideal candidate has experience and a solid understanding of delivering full-stack data solutions across the entire data processing pipeline and strong skills in data visualization.
The work location can be virtual or at any major Lockheed Martin facility.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary Point-of-Contact for day-to-day Tableau user support on various Tableau administrative tasks, requests, and issues.
- Develop, maintain, and manage business-critical dashboards utilizing Tableau
- Coordinate and work with Tableau admin team
- Support the process of data discovery by exploring and cultivating data sets for dashboard solutions
- Support tasks such as data validation, performance tuning and facilitate end user testing on designed reports, dashboards and statistical models
- Act as the liaison in supporting ongoing production operations, maintaining and modifying supplied solutions
- Collaborate with data governance to proactively seek, locate data, and make data available to users.
- Develop and automate workflows that clean, transform, and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources
- Work through all stages of a data solution lifecycle, e.g., analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, architect and design ETL, testing, reporting and analytics
- Responsible for collecting, ingesting, processing, storing, and virtualizing large datasets from a wide variety of data sources and stakeholders
- Maintain data systems performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases
- Participate in on-call rotations to monitor and resolve production issues during off-hours
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed solutions
- Experience in Tableau user support, troubleshooting, performance optimization and security controls
- Knowledge of Tableau server architecture and building integration of Tableau with various data sources like SQL Server, Hadoop, HANA, Oracle, etc.
- Experience in designing data structures, developing data pipelines and interactive dashboards
- Strong knowledge of data virtualization, data engineering, SQL, data modelling and data management
- Strong problem solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and thrive in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
- US Citizenship
- Experience with interfacing and communicating effectively with business representatives and consulting users on building their own dashboards
- Experience in modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, and data toolsets and the ability to apply them
- Data modeling
- Data Visualization tools - Tableau
- Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) tools (i.e. Data Services, Informatica)
- Data warehousing solutions (HANA modeling, SDI/SLT HANA replication)
- Database systems (SQL and NO SQL) – HANA, Oracle, SQL Server
- Distributed data systems (e.g., Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Spark)
- Languages: Java Script, SQL, Python, XML, Java, Shell, Python
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL: