Position Summary...What you'll do...
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA.
What we do:
Digital Retail Services - Creating one stop shop for wireless devices and thus enhancing the value proposition to the customer and making their life easier. Customers can purchase device, activate, and opt from several different carrier-sponsored programs like subsidized pricing, micro financing, leasing, device protection, different plans etc., all at one stop.
What you'll be doing:
You will be a key member of the DRS Development team for design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the DRS products that we built. You will be interacting with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community. Also engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products. You need to be proactive, energetic and responsible for design and end-to-end delivery of modules while collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
What you'll bring to the table:
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- One to three years of experience demonstrating significant experience with TSQL query skills
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience using MS SQL Server
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Being a passionate adopter and ambassador for data governance practices and process
- Identifying, developing and delivering improvements on data performance, data quality and cost
- Staying current through continual research and application of new, effective data engineering techniques and best practices from across industries
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Experience using ETL tools (SSIS experience preferable)
- Experience in SQL data modeling
- Good understanding of Data warehousing design concepts and implementation
- Experience using Azure database tools (Azure SQL, Data Factory, etc...)
- Knowing how to conduct advanced statistical analysis to uncover significant data relationships and trends in the data
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years' experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America