The Sr. Data Analyst provides critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units. The Sr. Data Analyst must consistently seek out new challenges and experiences. As an integral part of the Data Analysis team, the Sr. Data Analyst will extract meaning from large volumes of data to make the right business decisions. The candidate will have to set the right vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside with stakeholders in the organization to make it happen. The candidate knows and has a passion for working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with business leaders to answer key business questions. They are responsible for requirements gathering, report design/authoring, ad-hoc analysis, quality assurance and documenting artifacts related to the report development lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have excellent statistical analysis, data visualization and presentation skills. The candidate needs to have a proven understanding of monitoring and evaluating systems and data. They will be a strategic thinker who can proactively identify how multiple, large datasets piece together to monitor and evaluate complex programs. This person is a strong communicator who can not only design, develop, and implement a data analysis plan, but also support creation of messaging and interpretation of results for a range of internal and external audiences
We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop data systems and storage solutions in collaboration with other teams across the organization
- Design data analysis linkages between multiple complex business data sets
- Take on large-scale historical data projects to mine for insights and reporting
- Deliver results and insights to support internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Incorporate learnings from deep dive research projects and organization-level analyses into the overall framework
- Provide product guidance on data systems, governance, and reporting
- Summarize and present results of analyses for variety of audiences
- Support leadership in collaboration with external parties
- Work with Product Manager to understand requirements and priorities and create designs for solutions
- Identify cross-team dependencies and resolve conflicts
- Share learnings and best practices in technology and process
- Provide guidance to less experienced Data Analysts
- Design, implement and support processes to build, test and deliver code to various production and non-production environments
- Collaborate on the creation of quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Actively stay up to date on emerging technologies and help update platforms and languages
Skills, Experience, & Knowledge
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics, statistical modeling, and data visualization, with experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in a related field such as Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Public Health, International Development, Economics/Development Economics
- High degree of proficiency in a statistical programming language such Python or R or statistical packages like SPSS or STATA
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus
- Strong experience with data visualization tools (Looker or Tableau preferred)
- Ability to synthesize and present complex data in a simple, meaningful way, particularly using visual tools and creating presentations, reports, and working with other teams to present data in a meaningful way
- Experience collaborating and communicating effectively and respectfully with diverse professionals and cultures, with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. Able to meet deadlines and share progress regularly via key performance indicators
- Familiarity with social and environmental certifications is a plus
- Experience living and/or working in developing regions is a plus
- A passion for Fair Trade USA’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Dependent Medical and Dental Coverage
- 401k Investment Plan with match
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Time (11 days during year 1, increases over time)
- Sick Leave (9 days per year)
- Sabbatical Leave (one 6 week paid leave after 7 years of continuous employment)
- Holidays (10 company paid holidays, 2 floating personal paid holidays, plus a paid winter break from Dec. 26 – 31)
This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter.
We are a Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
The fair trade model is firmly rooted in themes of empowerment, advocacy, and disrupting oppressive dynamics, and as such, Fair Trade USA actively strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our day-to-day work. As an employer, we have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any type. We value and promote a work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and bound by the following principles:
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees.
- We proudly provide employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Fair Trade are based on the needs of our organization, the requirements of the job, and individual qualifications - period.
- We prohibit work-related actions, policies, and decisions based on race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other protected status, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- We believe that a healthy and holistic work community is comprised of people of all ages, and therefore we welcome individuals of all stages in life to apply for our job openings.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.