IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Data Analyst, People Analytics. This role is based in Oakville ON, and reports to the Manager, People Analytics.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a broad family of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!Job Summary
The Data Analyst, People Analytics plays a crucial role in collecting, structuring, analyzing, and reporting on HR processes and data. We are currently looking for an Analyst, to support the Human Resources function as well as the broader organization with data analysis and insights generation to improve talent decision-making. The role involves the development of standard reporting, supporting data governance, and responding to ad hoc requests.Principal Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Through an in-depth understanding of the data, identify trends and anomalies.
- Develop standard reports for frequent requests of HR data from the organization.
- Develop client-specific dashboards or scorecards displaying key, relevant HR data.
- Develop analytical models, conduct data analysis, and generate insights to advise organizational initiatives and talent decisions (e.g. strategic workforce planning, external reporting).
- Respond to requests for HR data; probing to understand the needs, analyzing relevant data, and providing recommendations to improve decisions.
- Support HR projects and initiatives through data collection, analysis and recommendations for improved decision making
- Support the creation of presentation materials with relevant data, visuals, and storytelling.
- Support data governance processes by monitoring data quality, addressing or bringing up issues, and ensuring compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Build reports, dashboards and visualizations that use multiple data sources and deliver meaningful insights for the HR team and partners.
- Ensure data integrity by providing QA as well as investigating any reporting anomalies.
- Provide data governance through leadership to internal partners so that they can handle and use their data to its fullest.
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in sophisticated data sets.
- Assimilate and analyze information from a variety of sources, make recommendations and present information in an easily absorbed and understandable manner.
- Identify and implement standard methodologies as it relates to analytics and reporting requirements, including documenting report purpose, usage, target audiences, sources, and datasets.
- Help enable self-service within the Organization by using visualization tools; provide end user training for the dashboards / reports.
- Develop a structure to efficiently handle the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly operational reports including creation, distribution, follow up and resolution of any issues within systems.
- Help build capability for team members to acquire data through their own queries and build their own reports.
- Help enable leadership team to make informed, data-based decisions by providing business analyses and analytical support, particularly in areas where data are difficult to access / unreliable and where a high level of analytical skill is required.
- Continually seek, report, evaluate, and make recommendations to leadership to improve planning and forecasting.
- Help drive continuous improvement in forecasting process and methodology.
- Partner with other team members for HRIS upgrades and analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with HR data and generating reports.
- Deep technical skills in statistical analytics, data mining and reporting; proven understanding of the principles of relational databases
- Key proficiencies include superb interpersonal skills, data analysis, business acumen, relationship management, HR expertise, HRIS, and cultural awareness.
- Ability to take sophisticated data and communicate it in a clear and simple manner.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets in Excel.
- Expert in MS Excel, Power BI, and statistical modelling.
- Preferred Asset: Experience with Workday Reporting
IPEX is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at HR@ipexna.com