Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
The Data Visualisation team work within Sky Data to create data products, dashboards and datasets that can bring Sky’s data to life while supporting our businesses across throughout Europe.
As a visualisation focused Senior Data Engineer you’ll deliver reporting solutions of excellent quality leveraging data from our new cloud platform while meeting business expectations.
You’ll develop your career and be responsible for the creation of clear, reliable and informative dashboards while taking an active role helping us define what good looks like in our visualisation capability.
What you'll do:
- Work as a key member within a squad - understand and contribute to the agile delivery process and take ownership for your team’s software quality from concept to production
- Drive forward the production of reusable code and dashboards where appropriate with a view to maximising effort and reducing development costs by applying principles of Agile delivery
- Mentoring and coaching other members of the team, being a role model in terms of working practices
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and rationalise processes and tools across all squads within the DTA team, working in close collaboration with other team members and subject matter experts
- Actively document, record and share knowledge of our systems and data products
- Provide accurate estimates and domain knowledge, highlight risks and challenge assumptions
What you'll bring:
- Excellent and demonstrable SQL skills
- Proven experience in development of reports, documents and dashboards as per requirements
- Solid and demonstrable technical background in visualisation tools, such as Tableau, with a focus and understanding of end to end best practice in creating maintaining and providing self-serve data and dashboarding capability
- Proven experience working with large, complex datasets in a cloud environment.
- Extensive data analysis and interpretation background to critically evaluate data gathered from various sources, helping key partners understand and maximise the potential of Sky’s data
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and social skills and has a demonstrable ability to influence technical decisions in a fast paced commercial environment
Group Data Hub
Want to unlock the power of data? Our Group Data Hub works with millions of data transformations every day to deliver value, improve customer experience and enable new product launches. From architecture to analytics and engineering to science: it’s how we bring customers more of what they love.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.