ICON International provides clients with financial solutions built around the concept of corporate barter. We help businesses leverage their underperforming assets by trading those goods for high-value professional products/services. It's a complex and dynamic field, driven by strategy, integrity, and creativity.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our growing Data Science department within the ICON Technology Group (ITG), focusing on creating client facing dashboards for our Digital Media department and implementing solutions to streamline reporting processes. The ideal candidate will be a key contributor and will work directly with internal stakeholders to define requirements and deliver solutions that meet stakeholder needs.
Our Data Science team supports ICON’s core business by delivering solutions that increase profitability via insightful reporting and achieve cost savings through automation. We leverage Domo as our primary data visualization tool, giving our executives real-time views of the business and giving users actionable daily reporting. Domo is powered by data sources from ODBC SQL queries, API connectors, Excel uploads, and most notably, Hitachi’s Pentaho robust ETL engine. Candidates should be adept at pulling data from digital media vendors (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google Campaign Manager) via API connectors; using Domo’s ETL functionality to transform that data and designing clear dashboards to give clients real time insights about their digital media. Candidate should also be comfortable leveraging technology to implement automation in our processes to streamline data reporting and compress delivery timelines.
- Work with Digital Media department to understand client information needs; identify and configure data sources to feed data into our environment; organize data into easy to follow and aesthetically pleasing dashboards.
- Serve as an automation solutions architect- develop a framework for connecting and aggregating disparate data in efficient manner; streamline processes to ensure quick real-time reporting to internal and external stakeholders; create reusable templates that can be used to support dashboard design and delivery.
- Develop and integrate internal and external client-facing reporting to ensure relevant metrics and insights are shown and understood.
- Monitor current trends in key business areas, providing valuable insights to our Digital Media department to improve overall business performance and foster organic growth.
- Develop end-to-end solutions: identify data sources, develop API & ETL processes to generate production-ready datasets, perform data validation, and build dashboards.
- Adhere to and document standards and practices employed in delivering solutions.
- 2+ years of experience, bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, economics, accounting, or related field
- Experience working in digital media environment; familiar with concepts like attribution, floodlight tags, click-through rates, etc.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills (minimum vlookup, pivot tables, conditional formatting, named ranges, etc.)
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools, such as Domo, Data Studio, etc.
- (Preferred) Experience with SQL or similar database languages
- (Preferred) Experience in R, SAS, Python, MATLAB or other data analysis/statistical languages
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills
Strong business analysis and verbal skills are a must, as this position interfaces with users at various levels of the business. Qualified candidates will demonstrate effective problem resolution skills, communicate solutions clearly and effectively and work cooperatively within the ICON Technology Group.