We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.The Data Technology & Analytics department is responsible for sourcing data from internal and external systems and integrating that data to provide analytics-ready data and reporting at scale.The Data Engineering team work within DTA to build the technology solutions; across four key functions – technical analysis, development, test and reporting.We’re looking for a Technical Analyst to join our Data Engineering team as we migrate from multiple legacy systems to Google Cloud. You’ll develop your career and be responsible for analysing source data and designing data pipelines to meet the needs of our users; before then communicating that to our wider development team to build.You will:
- Working with stakeholders and business departments to understand the business issues and data challenges, thereafter developing requirements, specifications and recommendations related to a proposed solution.
- Design of Data Models and ETL pipelines to meet the business requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Work effectively with members of the team to playback the business challenges and proposed changes to ensure they have a full understanding of the impact and retain a close relationship throughout, to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Contribute towards defining the analysis best practice and standards and ensure consistency of delivery across the team.
- Mentoring and coaching other members of the team, being a role model in terms of working practices.
- Supporting & deputising or Team Lead/Manager where necessary
- Proven experience of delivery of analysis across large scale data warehousing projects applying principles in terms of dimensional modelling and ETL pipeline design.
- Experience of translating diffuse and complex business requirements into user stories covering functional, non-functional, security and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
- Experience in cloud based ETL environments, preferably Google Cloud Platform.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
- Effective management of multiple priorities and conflicting requests, escalating to senior management where necessary.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.We’re happy to discuss flexible working.It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.A job you love to talk about