With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
In this role as a Data Scientist, you will be involved to Lead Cloud Migration initiative, plan & strategize migration & modelling activities, drive productivity, build customer relationship and improve engagement.
You will have to perform statistical analysis and predictive modelling including unsupervised models. You are expected to bring unique blend of insurance industry breadth and functional depth in analytics.
Your role will require you to build & develop advanced analytics capabilities and assets/accelerators to deliver out-of-the-box analytics solutions to existing as well as new clients and thereby establish Genpact’s credentials in Insurance analytics domain.
• Work towards developing skills for the larger Analytics team in predictive analytics area through coaching and training.
- Work independently with clients, business development team and lead projects/relationship
- Lead pilot projects for various existing clients under guidance of lead data scientist and ensure timely meeting of milestones.
- Work with Project lead to develop advance analytical capabilities and assets
- Apply standard and cutting-edge techniques (statistical modelling, Bayesian, data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, text mining, segmentation/clustering and optimization) to identify drivers of a business metric in areas of Claims and Underwriting.
- Plan & strategize modelling initiatives, drive productivity, build customer relationship and improve engagement.
- Master Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, or Economics
Proficient in R/ Python and other statistical tools like SAS, SPSS etc.
Expert in statistical modelling, Bayesian modelling, data mining, GLM techniques, machine learning, text mining, segmentation/clustering and optimization.
Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of statistics and predictive modeling.
Experience in the following predictive modeling techniques is a must – GLM, Linear Regression, Survival Analysis, Time Series, Segmentation/Cluster Analysis, Decision Trees & Random Forests
Well versed with R and/or other statistical tools like SAS, SPSS etc.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including VBA, is required
Basic database skills, including SQL and ability to pull together disparate data sources. SSRS / SSIS Experience
Should have skills to analyze data and provide insights on trends, patterns, etc. which will be critical to the business
Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple assignments concurrently with minimal direction in an evolving, fast paced work environment
Programming experience (VBA, Java, etc.)
Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team environment
Self-disciplined and results oriented
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with various levels of management, including translating complex ideas and data into actionable steps for business units
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to building a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.