In this role, you will be part of a robust team formed by Data Management professionals responsible for defining and maintaining data standards and data related KPIs to ensure high-quality, consistent, accurate and controlled data is made available across the enterprise. You will work closely with Enterprise Data Fabric (EDF) Data Domain business owners, data custodians and data providers to ensure data connectivity and accessibility. You will interact with Amgen’s Data Management leaders worldwide through the Data Governance forums, where data anomalies and remediation plans are discussed and tracked.
- Collaborate with other Data Management team members to develop and maintain governance metadata such as data dictionaries, data catalog, data lineage, rules, data standards, glossaries, etc.
- Engage with the MDM team and data providers teams to identify metadata assets that require to be governed
- Engage with Data Quality analysts to identify MDM and transaction data elements that have been profiled and need to be governed on a continuous basis
- Develop and manages the integration between Data Quality engine and the metadata tool
- Develop and manage metadata needed for tagging policies such as Compliance and Regulatory across data domains
- Ensure all the metadata is consistently stored within Metadata Management tool (Data Marketplace, Collibra, etc.)
- Design workflows and processes within the metadata tool
- Work with Data Privacy, Compliance and Legal to define approved uses of data
Master’s degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Proficient in metadata management
- Solid grasp of Data Quality tools and integrations
- Able to work with the business stewards to capture glossary definitions and all the other related metadata
- Proficient in relevant data standards and industry trends
- Able to assess and facilitate impact analysis of a system change
- Aware of relevant external regulations that impact master data and data management processes
- Able to understand new business requirements and prioritize them for delivery
- Ability to lead or execute data remediation and impact assessment efforts
- Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Has hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with Schema Design & Dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Current hands on experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Experience working in Product teams environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients — we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This position is open to remote workers within United States.