Methods Analytics is currently recruiting for Senior Data Scientists to join our team on a permanent basis. This role will include some work on client sites and frequent visits to our main offices in Sheffield, Bristol or London.
Please note due to current COVID restrictions this role will be remote working until restrictions have been lifted.
Methods Analytics provide strategic and operational intelligence concerning the activity, quality and safety of Healthcare services. Our team is comprised of highly qualified and experienced information and analytics specialists. Our focus is the healthcare market in the UK, however, we also work with a wide range of public and private sector clients including local and central government.
We deliver actionable knowledge on population provision, activity and outcomes to the public, commissioners, providers, policy makers and commercial organisations. Our work helps them base their decisions on comparable and transparent intelligence. We use a wide range of information sources and tools to ensure that our information is robust, and evidence based, and we work closely with stakeholders and the public to understand the type of intelligence they need from us.
We have a strong track record and are recognised as one of the pioneers and innovators in Open thinking within the UK public sector. We are passionate about providing impartial and pragmatic advice -we aim to reduce risk and create simple enabling structures to improve the quality and efficiency of Healthcare in the UK.Requirements:
The Senior Data Scientist will be expected to work as part of the Methods Analytics Delivery team. They will be the technical lead of projects for external stakeholders or internal company assignments.
In close coordination with stakeholders, they are responsible for leading a potentially cross-functional team in providing the best solution to a given problem. The Senior Data Scientist acts as a technical consultant to different departments bringing significant experience and skills in the major data science aspects. The Senior Data Scientist role will provide line management and support to the rest of the data science team, as well as providing strategic direction for the company on both product and function.The Senior Data Scientist will:
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Enable and support an environment that promotes and applies data science with a focus on impact and value both internally and for clients
- Set standards that produce high quality, efficient code for both data preparation and analysis. Collaborating with data scientists to refine the approach
- Lead and contribute to development of pipelines, models and tools to solve unanswered, untested and complex data challenges.
- Command trust in their ability to deliver the best analytical approaches across all levels of the organisation and clients
- Deliver impactful business results through the development and delivery of data science principles
- Lead on development of the company knowledge base and provide feedback on new knowledge artefacts
- Confidently present complex analytical results in a clear and simple manner to key stakeholders and clients (including technical and non-technical audience)
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends, developing the business’s data science function as a result
- Represent the company and its interests as required at local and national events. Attend, present or support conferences and seminars
Desirable skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field, preferably with a PhD, and experience within a fast-paced and complex business setting, working as a Data Scientist
- Few years of relevant experience and be developing best practice when creating models using structured and unstructured data sets. In addition to broad data skills and deep understanding of the scientific models used, they should also have a track record of impacting the business with successful data science projects.
- Proven application of advanced analytical and statistical methods in the real world
- Demonstrable senior-level leadership in engaging with stakeholders, technical clients and people management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with a range of statistical methods including supervised and unsupervised learning
- Understanding of different techniques’ strengths, limitations and when to use which modelling approach
- Highly proficient in writing code in scripting languages such as Python and R, and their applications in data science
- Clear understanding of the implications of deploying models at scale both within cloud and local environments
- Experience with manual and automatic testing
- Experience with shell scripting language and command line
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and/or graph databases
- Ability to visualise data in a meaningful way to draw insight informing business problems
- Understanding of data governance principles, including security, privacy and risk control metrics.
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git) and best practices
- Clear application of data ethics principles throughout product delivery
- Experience of working with neural networks, deep learning and/or NLP
- Experience of big data technologies, cloud storage and analytics engines
- Experience of the health, defence or life-sciences sectors
- Experience with reinforcement and deep learning
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Experience in line management
Methods Analytics is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
As well as this, we offer:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
Social - office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causes
Time off 25 days a year
Pension Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
Discretionary Company Bonus based on company and individual performance
Life Assurance of 4 times base salary
Private Medical Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
Worldwide Travel Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)