This is a remote position.Senior Data Scientist - Remote Job, 1+ Year Experience
$105K - $115KA valid work permit is necessary in the US.
Patterned Learning is a platform that aims to help developers code faster and more efficiently. It offers features such as collaborative coding, real-time multiplayer editing, and the ability to build, test, and deploy directly from the browser. The platform also provides tightly integrated code generation, editing, and output capabilities.Overview
In this role, you will help your team to uncover and prioritize new product opportunities and make impact across the entire initiative launch cycle—from data collection design to experimentation to synthesizing actionable learnings and influencing product strategy.What you'll be doing:
What we expect from you:
- Conduct data analyses that influence the product strategy for improving the member experience.
- Lead experimentation to help the product team reason about the impact their features are having on the member experience.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, design, and UXR leads on defining key indicators of the quality of our member experience and uncovering opportunities to improve the user experience
- Investigate user and care segmentation patterns to identify key product opportunities beyond therapy.
- Collaborate with researchers to evaluate how coaching and other care options impact clinical outcomes.
- Build necessary data models to enable analytics and reporting, and partner with data engineering on best practices.
- Lead prioritization and road mapping discussions from a data science perspective
- Use appropriate advanced methods, from experimentation techniques to causal inference and statistical modeling, for deep-dive analyses around member engagement patterns from enrollment through to retention.
- Work with other data scientists and ML engineers to identify, prioritize, develop, and measure data-centric product features like personalized recommendations and adaptive care pathing.
What we'd love to see (bonus):
- 5+ years of professional data science experience
- Hands-on experience with experimentation and hypothesis testing
- Proficiency with SQL and Python or R
- Comfort with wrangling event log data
- Experience with data modeling via dbt or similar tools
- Experience working with data visualization and BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Facility with a product development process in the context of a software product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to guide and make recommendations to technical and non-technical business partners
- Proven ability to proactively manage your own priorities and dependencies in alignment with cross-functional dependencies and business impact in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas and learning new approaches
What to expect working here:
- Familiarity with marketing SaaS metrics (e.g., CAC) and an interest in applying such efficiency models to novel domains.
- Exposure to building and/or evaluating recommendation algorithms, tuning search and sorting algorithms is preferred
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be challenged to set and protect your own boundaries
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the highest performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Why Patterned Learning LLC?
- Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- Wellness Reimbursement
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
- Flexible work arrangements
Patterned Learning can provide intelligent suggestions, automate repetitive tasks, and assist developers in writing code more effectively. This can help reduce coding errors, improve productivity, and accelerate the development process.
The pattern recognition is particularly relevant in the context of coding. Neural networks, especially deep learning models, are commonly employed for pattern detection and classification tasks. These models simulate human decision-making and can identify patterns in data, making them well-suited for tasks like code analysis and generation.