#SGUnitedTraineeships – Duration : 6 months
Toluna is a technology company connecting brands with consumers for digital qualitative and quantitative research. We deliver insights on demand through a full spectrum of end-to-end solutions that map customer journeys, develop new products and much more. Toluna is powered by an innovative platform, best-in-class methodologies and a community panel that is 30+ million members strong. We employ 1,400 people in 24 offices across six continents.
*** year of graduation must be in 2020 or 2021 OR with NS completion in 2020/2021 ***
We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist Trainee to support our client’s growing demand for our exciting digital research technology involving Big Data.
Understand the client’s business needs and how our technology can help
- Lead the discussion with the client on the best solution
- Build a project analysis framework for the business solution – create analysis plan, work on hypotheses to test, build models, etc.
- Guide the team in the processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used
- Apply data mining techniques and statistical analysis to uncover insights from data
- Present results in a visual and client-ready manner using Toluna’s existing tools
- Create standard procedures, process and best practices for the Big Data analysis to be used for current and succeeding projects
Required skill set :
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Statistics or Data Science and graduate in 2020 or 2021
- Experience in preparing datasets (big data, preferably) and building statistical models.
- Knowledge in marketing research and/or corporate environment is a plud
- Understanding of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
- Knowledge of big data software such as Tableau, Qilkview, Python, R
- Knowledge in Market Research data tools such as SPSS, Excel, Q is a plus
- Experience in using data mining tools/library
- Knowledge of SQL query, and experience in using DB tools such as DBeaver is a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing (i.e. Google Analytics, SEM, Programmatic Advertising) is a plus
- Professionalism and integrity
- Drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Team oriented, but highly independent for their own projects
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written language skills for English (required)
What we offer :
At Toluna you will find an exciting and multicultural place to work. We employ the best and the brightest in our industry and we are always looking for rising stars to join our team. We are proud of our staff members and we offer the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply online or send your application including an up-to-date CV to our APAC Recruitment team at Recruitment-Apac@Toluna.com, quoting the job title in the subject line.
Join Toluna and achieve your full potential