The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to determine whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Data Analytics team within Internal Audit’s Professional Practices Group (PPG) is seeking a Senior Data Analytics Specialist. PPG provides the processes, training, and tools to support Internal Audit’s adherence to standards and expectations of quality, timeliness and consistency. The Data Analytics team specifically provides data and analysis for internal audit activities and results contributing to CSC’s governance committees’ ability to perform effective oversight.
Reporting to the Data Analytics Senior Manager, the Senior Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for supporting the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes through the use of data analytics. This position is also responsible for liaising with the firm’s risk management functions and data owners across technology and various lines of business.
What you are good at
- Gain cross-enterprise analysis experience through evaluating line of business metrics and idiosyncratic data to influence the audit scope and to design and execute data analytics focused on the most meaningful and relevant risks to the business.
- Brainstorm on the use of analytics to identify risk exposures and to evaluate solutions to improve internal control gaps, internal control weaknesses, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Assist in the development of dashboards to report the state of the control environment to executive management, risk committees, and to the Board of Directors.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to Internal Audit senior management as part of continuous monitoring activities.
- Champion and promote the use of data analytics techniques to internal audit teams to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies within internal audit assurance and support activities.
What you have
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Knowledge and 3-5 years experience performing data analytics of the following areas:
- Data analytics and management technologies using tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Python, or R.
- Database management systems using tools such as SQL, Oracle, or Teradata.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets a plus.
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborative and willing to share knowledge with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Potential for less than 5% travel