The Marketing Data Analyst coordinates and regularly reports on market and database analyses, financial research, and demographic surveys including member analyses using various information and database platforms. Coordinates with numerous departments and vendors to research member and potential member activities in support of campaign goals. Ensures that marketing research functions support the overall strategic objectives of the credit union.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs extensive field of membership, executive, and general research and database activities including demographic studies, financial analyses of the market and analyses of current member profiles. Creates selection criteria from member files and further uses member data to create similar non-member target audiences for promotional campaigns and member communications. Regularly mines member account relationships to pinpoint needed drip campaigns, direct marketing efforts, onboarding and re-boarding. Regularly reviews member segmentation profiles and opportunities to ensure successful campaign results through individualized marketing. Maintains internal profile labels to quickly identify and connect with various life cycle events and/or their propensity to purchase specific products/services.
- Measures active and passive user interactions with all digital and traditional campaign materials used for internal and external campaigns. Reports findings such as ROI for new accounts, campaign profitability, alignment and results for achievement of credit union strategic objectives. Recommends campaign next steps to Marketing management using easy to understand visual presentations. In addition, the Marketing Data Analyst provides deeper data dives for select data groups when requested. Keeps Marketing management informed of any departmental or platform issues and any significant difficulties with internal/external clients. Completes required reports, records, and other documents in a timely fashion as requested. Attends and participates in meetings, committees and outside vendor presentations, and reports findings as required.
- Accesses and fully understands all enterprise databases and platforms through mainframe and web-based connections to formulate activity reports, regularly searches data to discover opportunities for potential campaigns, and researches and compiles member data for campaigns. Efficiently troubleshoots any technical issues directly with IT to rectify and assess any additional connectivity needs. Stays abreast of database trends computer applications, member segmentation models, and research tactics within Marketing and Data Coordination fields. Works to develop more efficient methods for tracking product growth, automated system use, and campaign effectiveness. Obtains and maintains a working knowledge of Raddon Performance Analytics, MCIF, and CRM systems as well as all enterprise applications such as: Alkami, Next, Integrator Advance, Flux, S&P Global, Bank Rate, Activity Manager, CRM/BI, email marketing platforms, Equifax, Project Zip Code, app user adoption, FISERV Impact Marketing product reporting, etc.
- Formats all raw data as required per project. Accountable for all encrypted data deliveries to vendors and uploads prepared data groups into accessible systems in a timely manner. Ensures data requests, questions, and problems are professionally resolved. Maintains the credit union's professional reputation, both with internal and external clients. Communicates project status and/or impacts to Marketing Communication Specialist – User Experience and Marketing management. Works proactively to identify, communicate and resolve data-related project issues and risks that delay overall project timelines and interfere with the achievement of specific project phases. Assists in checking vendor proofs specifically for data accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One or two years of similar or related experience.
- (1) A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree). Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS, or Business Administration is preferred.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Knowledge of Credit Union products, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Understanding of market research techniques and models.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and related computer applications and financial and market indicators. Knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Possess a solid foundation of database experience with knowledge of queries and importing/exporting data and be able to create statistical models of business data and member feedback with accuracy and clarity.
- Strong project management skills and the abilities to execute activities to reach project objectives, including analysis, design, development, delivery and post-delivery support.
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical abilities and communication skills
- MCIF knowledge is desired
- Physical qualifications include sitting at a computer for extended periods of time and being able to lift/carry up to 15 pounds.
- Employee Benefits (401k plans and match opportunities / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your resume. No phone calls please.