Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
12 month fixed-term contract
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Data Scientist to join Group Compliance. As a member of the Risk Data Management and Analytics Team, you will be forward thinking, work collaboratively and inspire others to ensure a strong and mature compliance culture.
You will work with the team to ensure that priorities are delivered and contribute towards the creation of cross functional and agile team. As a team member you will be required to build advanced data models to solve complex problems and generate sophisticated insights.
You will understand the power of data as you creatively push boundaries with teams, stakeholders and peers to reshape how the organisation visualises data and solution; support the direction of technology platforms; drive innovation with a sense of purpose that will ultimately enhance our customer and system interactions.
What a typical day might look like
- Developing advanced analytics models (i.e., machine learning), including the preparation and reconciliation of data and creation of interactive visualisations
- Identifying data-sets that contain both structured and unstructured data and performing advanced analytics over the data set
- Building functional solutions that incorporate and perform Real time analytics and Predictive analytics
- Contributing in the development of models and algorithms to assist in applying advanced mathematical techniques that improve decision making and provide insights across Group Compliance
- Strong partnerships with Group Compliance teams and business leaders
- Embody the organisational commitments to the AGILE methodology through actions and approach
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Tertiary qualification (Masters, PhD preferred) in relevant numerate discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, etc) and working experience as a Data Scientist or closely related role
- Strong programming experience with Python, R and/or SQL with the ability to articulate and demonstrate good coding practices
- Able to deliver consistent and accurate analysis, presenting current trends and emerging issues to key stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of data preparation and manipulation
- Hands on experience in building models, developing algorithms and statistical analysis tools (e.g., SVM, DBSCAN, text mining)
- Demonstrated effective deployment of models within a commercial environment with examples of improved performance, productivity, decision making and/or automation
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to drive initiatives in an agile delivery environment
- Builds trusted advisory relationships across the organisation with a strong ability to influence and succeed through collaboration
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference Number: AUS144241