Digital Hub Lead Data Scientist
The individual will provide tactical and strategic guidance to others, liaison between teams, collaborators and key stakeholders, develops and delivers presentations and strategizes.
Fosters new game changing ideas to produce sophisticated, intelligent optimization solutions and predictive models.
The individual may lead other data scientists or large scale cross functional projects, develops strategy, provide insight into allocation of resources (resourcing and planning), and mentors or develops others.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the conception, architecture, engineering and delivery of leading-edge Data Science solutions to business partners working in local and global teams
- Functions as a subject matter expert and Data Science Ambassador while fostering internal and external partnerships for collaborative initiatives
- Consults and assembles large, complex data sets (e.g. text, time series, imagery) into a useful format for analysis
- Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions
- Responsible for leading initiatives within the Data Science Community and serve as an extended council member
- Responsible for guiding others (direct or indirect), sets strategy, identifies technical gaps, applies data science acumen to unsolved business goals, prioritizes and allocates resources
- Contribute to the building the US Data Science Community by assisting with recruitment, development and retention of high performing individuals
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelors degree with 12+ years of experience or Masters 8+ years of experience or PhD degree with 5+ years of experience
- Educational preparation or applied experience in at least one of the following areas: Machine Learning, Electrical/Industrial Engineering, Operation Research, Statistical Genetics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other related quantitative discipline
- Expert level of proficiency in computational skills, including a deep understanding of advanced analytics techniques and emerging forms of analytics
- Strong level of experience building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages
- Expert level of proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts
- Professional expertise in competencies in linear modeling, scientific modeling, and development and application of increased domain knowledge; proficiency in standard suite and/or modeling theories
- Extensive experience in successful delivery of valuable analysis through application of domain knowledge; evidence of strong business acumen
- Demonstrates advanced business acumen, people and project leadership competencies, and technical expertise
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner and deliver presentations to large audiences, executive leadership, and externally at conference and collaborations
- Hybrid working style
- Full time employment contract
- Wide range of development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Good working conditions and comfortable working environment
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s).
28.04.2021 - 12.05.2021
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa
Al. Grunwaldzka 472_Olivia
Tower_10 piętro, 80-309 Gdańsk