We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (8-10 years exp.) for our globally renowned customer's Global Azure Data Platform Component/Enhancements to design and develop the technical solution from gathering functional requirement of business users/business analysts. Co-ordinating with multiple stakeholders within and outside the team to deliver the solutions on time.
With the Global Data Platform available as one common repository, it offers a centralized storage of data and gives the ability of storing, blending and sharing data in unified ways cross our business and thereto by continuously expand with more and more core business data sources, it gradually extends our global perspectives into more key-business areas. Main key drivers of data availability on a global level are business defined requirements in terms of performance reporting and analytical use cases, mainly following the priorities of the digital and analytical roadmaps.
However in order for a common data landscape to support both local needs of data as well as unified data sharing cross our Digital solution portfolio an extension of so called Data Hubs into China and Russian markets needs to be considered to support various aspects of reporting & analytics. Main considerations are mentioned below.
- Manage local privacy, policy and legal aspects of data and information.
- Enable local analytical exploration through data for innovation and improvements.
- Higher demand locally on analytics based on transactional and personal data needs.
- Local demand to Provide real-time / near real-time data assets. Data volumes and impact on latency.
Requirements:Mandatory Skills Required :
- Very important to have worked in Azure Components specially in a typical Data Platform(e.g. Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure SQL DB, Azure Storage Account, Azure Data Factory, Databricks , Azure Analysis Services , Azure Data Lake Analytics etc.)
- Worked extensively and have strong knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server, t-SQL, Stored Procedure/Function writing
- Have worked/designed/developed ETL tools such as MS SQL Server Integration Service(SSIS) , Informatica, BODS or any other ETL tools
- Worked in Power BI for report development, help out with us transitioning to creating data sets and templates for power bi could be really good.
- Good to know OLAP cube concepts/DAX queries
- Very important to Have worked and good knowledge on BI Data Warehousing projects and knows the concepts and designing of different kinds of Fact and Dimensional tables
- Have designed Data Models based on Fact and Dimension tables. Concepts on different kind of data modelling.
- Interacting independently with various stake holders in the project such as Platform Owner, end Business Users, Business/Data Analysts, different Technical Teams/stakeholders etc.
- Good to have Understanding of business needs , gathering requirement from business users , documenting it and designing/developing solution to suffice the business needs