Purpose of position
Awin’s Data Services Department is responsible for reporting across the business, providing a single source of truth. From an internal perspective this leads to more informed business decisions while externally we’re able to provide strategic insights, allowing our clients to further grow their programmes. As a Working Student Data Engineer you will be working with global team of data warehouse engineer, analyst and reporting specialist amongst other big data engineers within the organization.Key Tasks
You will be working on warehouse development from sourcing new data, building the ETL functions to delivering data via cubes. You should also be able to work with minimal supervision on predefined standards and working practices.
Skills & Expertise
- You will develop new programs and function using Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Bricks (Python, scala and pyspark)
- You will learn and support existing projects
- You will create and distribute data using azure logic apps, SSAS cube and Power BI
- You will apply data warehousing best practices and modelling techniques (Kimball, Star Schema etc.)
- You will extend your knowledge and skills in terms of Scrum, Agile practices, Machine learning and data analytics
- Bachelor degree or higher in data science, data engineering or business intelligence, or one year of working experience with focus on data engineering / intelligence / analytics, ideally in a big data environment
- Working knowledge of Azure analytics architecture (Azure Data Factory (ADF), Azure Data Lake storage (ADLS), Azure Databricks, PowerBI and Azure logic apps.
- Knowledge of databases, ideally MSSQL and MYSQL; knowledge of Cloud Services DevOps (Azure and AWS) and BI/Data Analysis technologies are preferred but not essential.
- Proven analysis skills
- Strong team player and comfortable working with distributed teams
- Strong communication and interaction skills, with a customer-focused service attitude
- Proactive approach to tasks & challenges with a get-things done mentality
- Able to manage their own time constructively
- Understanding of project & process management competences
- Pronounced focus on quality and delivering results
- Open-mindedness and willingness to learn and/or start initiatives
- Flexi-Week and Work-Life Balance: We prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, offering you a flexible four-day Flexi-Week at full pay and with no reduction to your annual holiday allowance. We also offer a variety of different paid special leaves.
- Flexi-Office: Do you prefer to work from our cool office, from home, or in a completely different environment? With us, the choice is yours.
- Health & Well Being: With our support and access to various initiatives and sports offers, you can devote yourself to your mental and physical well-being.
- Development: We’ve built our extensive training suite Awin Academy to cover a wide range of skills that nurture you professionally and personally, with trainings conveniently packaged together to support your overall development. You can also improve your English skills by participating in our local language course.
- Remote Working: You will receive a monthly allowance to cover part of your running costs. In addition, we will support you in setting up your remote workspace appropriately.
- Appreciation: Thank and reward colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer program and show your appreciation for colleagues who have gone the extra mile to support you.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.