Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests (make it fun!) and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're growing fast: over 250,000 learners have enrolled in classes, and we're doubling our team this year. We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now we have a successful, fast-growing business and recently announced $8.5M Series A funding.
Data plays an important role in how we make decisions at Outschool. As our second full-time Data team member, you’ll have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with teammates from Operations, Product, Marketing, and other internal teams as they tackle a variety of challenges and opportunities. You’ll help shape Outschool’s strategy by sharing key insights, digging into some of our most pressing problems, and finding creative ways to use data to improve our products and services.
- Partner with teammates across the org to translate data into insights and actions
- Define and monitor key company-wide success metrics and OKRs
- Use visualization, reporting and other tools to improve the ways in which our team accesses and interprets datasets
- Create models to identify important levers and trends in specific domains (eg channel attribution, teacher applications)
- Build data tools that help us scale processes as we continue to grow rapidly
- Prototype new data-driven features that increase value for our learners, families, and teachers (eg recommendations)
- 3+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role
- Expert-level SQL skills and proficient in Python or R programming
- Prior experience working with data visualization tools (Mode, Looker, Tableau, Metabase)
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivated by impact
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Math, Economics, Statistics, CS,Engineering)
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.