TITLE: Data Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, BI developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives. They will also ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Incumbent must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. As well as be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing Arivo’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including DynamoDB and MySQL.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Go, etc.
All employees must adhere to the below Company Values:
R espect: We treat everyone with genuine care and concern
I ntelligence: Intelligence means we’re able to learn, grow and adapt.
G reatness: We are consistently exceptional in our work and continually improve.
H onesty: We keep our commitments, tell the complete truth and act with integrity
T eamwork: We understand the responsibilities of teamwork and are determined to pull our own weight.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job and to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances dictate.