Come showcase your talents in research and analysis with the Ministry of Health, Capital Financial Services unit to contribute to the delivery of the province's complex, high profile portfolio of health infrastructure projects.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Capital Data Analyst, you will:
- research, develop and coordinate financial/statistical information management and analysis as part of a large inter-disciplinary team
- provide analysis, interpretation, information and advice on capital project issues
- prepare and distribute a broad range of standard reports and/or special information and data analysis related to health service provider operations
- facilitate the gathering of health resources utilization patterns for various diagnoses of financial reporting and analyses systems
- promote information sharing networks and information linkages with/within the division, ministry, provider groups and other ministries
- participate on divisional committees and cross functional teams that impact on the data analysis activities of the branch/ division
How do I qualify?
- You are familiar with information management theory, principles and best practices in data collection, information management, statistical analysis and interpretation, and reporting.
- You are familiar with principles of epidemiology and related research methodology, the application of forecasting methodology and bio-statistical analysis to health system planning.
- You have knowledge of hospital and other health service provider data reporting systems and concepts.
- You have knowledge of the healthcare system and service delivery models, governance and funding mechanisms, hospital reporting, and the role of the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
- You have knowledge of the Health Based Allocation Model (HBAM) methodology and its application to the projection/analysis of future health system needs and scientific research methodology.
Analytical and Organizational Skills:
- You have analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to assess capital, operating and statistical data requirements and provide strategic recommendations.
- You have planning and organizational skills to coordinate the retrieval, analysis and integration of health care information from internal and external sources.
- You can conduct research, evaluation and analysis to develop/introduce effective financial strategies, financial and funding models, accountability frameworks, policies, procedures and best business practices, tools and templates.
Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation and Relationship Management Skills:
- You have oral and written communication to report data findings, explain the significance of results, answer queries, provide updates, make recommendations to improve data reporting and participate on committees.
- You have advisory skills to provide advice, expertise and recommendations to senior management on arising issues on health service planning and forecasting issues for various projects.
- You have interpersonal and team building skills to work effectively on cross-functional teams, to provide reports and information.
Other Pertinent Skills and Knowledge:
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism:
- You have proven experience with computer programming and statistical concepts and techniques.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheet and database applications such as MS Excel and Access.
- You have the ability to interpret legislation such as the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) to ensure compliance in reporting of data.
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit theOPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.