Location: Gurugram (Hybrid)
Department: Siemens Energy Information Technology
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
PL Level: PL09Job Description
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing complex ETL programs, deriving ETL requirements and specifications, provide feasibility analysis and effort estimation.
The overall objective is to create automated ETL pipelines for a wide variety of data sources and to analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
- You should be having Master's degree in one of the following fields: computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related field
- You need to be an engineering graduate with 6-8 years of experience in design and development.
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts and best practices
- Experience building data pipelines in production and ability to work across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data, as well as experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow
- Experience and understanding of connectivity, data transformation, and integrated ML models
- You are experienced in creating and designing ETL chains
- You are experienced in data modeling on Snowflake, AWS (Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3, Cloud watch), Denodo, Matillion, Oracle, and other data warehouse solutions (or cloud ELT/ETL tool) , Alteryx
- Experience in preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow
- Good to have Experience in an industry-related environment (e.g., energy sector)
- You have a strong customer focus and excellent communication skills along and navigate easily in a global & multicultural environment.
- Programming skills in Python & UNIX, and skilled in GIT and Jira.
- Derive ETL requirements and specifications, provide feasibility analysis and effort estimation
- Data Engineering and Analytics, Building Data Pipelines, Implementing algorithms in a distributed environment
- Create automated ETL pipelines for a wide variety of data sources.
- Understand business requirements and create Data models and ETL programs
- Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications
- Triage the Production issues and work on the code fixes
- Work with the deployment team in the code migration across the environments
- Support QE on End-to-End testing and provide daily/weekly project status to the Project manager
- Create necessary documentation as per the Standards and Update the project documentation
- Technical reviews, Data validation & end-end testing of ETL Objects, Source data analysis, and data profiling
- Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution
- Performance improvement & tuning of Matillion mappings
- Coach and guide the technical team on the development of ETL jobs
- Design the Logical and Physical data models using the Dimensional modeling techniques
- Ability to learn new technical skills
Your opportunities for personal growth
Let’s Talk About Us
- Your recognitions will be global since you will be working on projects which have a global impact alongside BU.
- You will be provided an atmosphere to learn & develop your skills in various dimensions & technologies.
Let’s make tomorrow different today is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Functions we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
We are Siemens Energy IT GDC which is part of Siemens Energy IT that is subset of Siemens Energy.
SE is a Company which operates from Several countries and have seventy thousand plus employees along with highly valued consumers and highly devoted vendors, SE IT is small inhouse division to support all of them with its footprints in India as SE IT GDC.
SE IT GDC operates from two location Gurgaon and Pune with average age of employees being 28 Years. Our guiding principles ensure work life balance and diversity in terms of gender, experience, skills and technology. Our strategy is to ensure working on specifics and being supported by partners for commodity topics.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html