In this role you are part of the Service Innovation team. As data scientist you take responsibility for managing the customer lab service and field service data sets, troubleshoot data issues, collect metadata, develop, and design reports. You examine and process data sets to infer scientific and technological knowledge for our customers. You lever our BI and take responsibility for data integration routines with other data sources. You are able to monetize our data by co-creating interactive data portals and self-service BI tools for our internal and external customers.
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition, beauty and textile markets. We provide product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
A privately held, family-owned and operated company, Kemin has more than 2,800 global employees and operates in 90 countries including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
Animal Nutrition & Health Division
As the world’s population continues to grow, the demand for protein soars. Kemin is dedicated to developing ingredients that help producers raise healthy livestock and poultry. We are a trusted market leader in the animal feed, beef, dairy, poultry and swine industries. Our wide variety of science-backed solutions help optimize nutrition, improve gut health, support immune function, improve the absorption of nutrients, extend feed’s shelf life and reduce harmful pathogens in the feed and water animals consume. Kemin’s solutions are backed by a team of experts, as well as rigorous quality and safety standards, to ensure our customers get the most out of every product. Together, Kemin’s industry-leading solutions are improving and strengthening safety throughout various stages of the global food chain.
The discoveries and work we do in our laboratories help to improve our customers' bottom line while meeting the ever-changing landscape of consumer expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage master data, implement and execute data curation and quality assurance. Manage users and user roles
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines. Provide technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Identify and incorporate data from various primary (in-house) and secondary data sources. Implement, integrate and automate (IoT) data collection systems and strategies
- Manage and design the Power BI reporting environment, including various data sources. Interpretation and visualization of lab data, field data, and meta data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Train end-users on new reports and dashboards
- Develop and implement data analytics (descriptive-diagnostic-predictive-prescriptive)
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and innovation management to prioritize needs and generate data driven services
What we expect of you
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management or a related field or equivalent by experience. A PhD and or an additional business degree stretches to recommendation.
- Work experience as data analyst, functional analyst, business analyst
- Customer-centric and service minded
- Clear understanding of and good performance in
- Microsoft Power BI/Tableau
- SQL and scripting language like R and/or Python
- Inferential statistics
- Data mining, data modelling
- Data visualization and presentation, proficient in specialty visualization software
- Project management
- Analytical and creative mind, problem solving skills
- High-level skills in verbal and written communication across various media. Ability to translate complex information into non-technical, lay terms
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Machine learning and predictive modelling is a strong asset
- Experience with data frameworks (Hadoop) and NoSQL is a plus
- Out of the box thinking – Design thinking - Continuous learning
Interested: Please visit us at www.kemin.com