At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist - Supply Chain Planning and Simulation
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Data Scientist – Supply Chain Planning and Simulation
This position is for senior data scientist to work in our global supply chain decision science group with global decision science COE. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across supply chain, manufacturing, commercial, and different IT functions within Crop Science to deliver data-driven digital solutions for end-to-end connected supply chain orchestration, autonomous and self-healing supply chain planning, and operations.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the conception to delivery of leading-edge data-driven solutions in Supply Chain.
- Present complex ideas, data, and insights effectively to help business users in adopting data-driven solutions.
- Apply mathematical optimization and simulation to deliver user-centric supply chain planning and prescriptive analytics solution
- Develop new ideas, identifies technical gaps, applies data science acumen to unsolved business goals and delivers practical solutions towards end-to-end connected and autonomous supply chain.
- Manage and drive data science initiatives including steering of external partners and junior data scientists to deliver business goals.
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business, IT-functions and effectively network within the Data Science Community. Readily collaborates with subject matter experts, business stakeholders, and other Data Scientists.
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Management Science, or other related quantitative discipline from a reputed University. PhD is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in delivering analytics solutions in supply chain.
- Domain knowledge of Supply Chain management with business acumen and experience in supply chain modeling e.g., network design, rough-cut capacity planning, inventory optimization, operational planning, production scheduling with operation research methods.
- Experience in supply chain planning implementation with Kinaxis and SAP APO is a major plus.
- Strong experience in optimization and simulation model development related to supply chain with commercial optimization solvers (ex. CPLEX, Gurobi), commercial Supply chain modeling and optimization software (ex. AIMMS, LLamasoft).
- Expertise in programming (e.g., Python, Java), relational database (e.g., SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills combined with business attitude and the ability to rapidly learn new problems.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence people at varying levels of responsibility
In the exchange we will offer you:
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring programme
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod gruszą”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer offers the possibility of working in a hybrid model. We know how important work-life balance is, so our employees can work from home, from the office or combine both work environments. The possibilities of using the hybrid model are each time discussed with the manager.
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa