Under supervision, to identify, capture, manage, and analyze the County's data to provide data analysis including the conceptualization, modeling and presentation of data. Candidates who meet the employment standards will be invited to take the online written examination, tentatively scheduled for the week of 10/25/2022 to 10/31/2022.
COVID-19 Risk Tier – Department-specific determination based on each specific position.
- Catalogs existing data sources;
- Monitors and provides status reports on data lifecycle and analytical workflow processes;
- Queries and profiles data to determine conformance to standards and fit for purpose;
- Classifies and organizes data for ease of use and access control purposes;
- Works with open datasets, including populating and extracting data from internal and public open datasets;
- Creates data visualizations and reports using business intelligence tools;
- Extracts and manages multiple sets of data from various databases and sources, bringing together data from several channels for comparative analysis;
- Mines and analyzes data using standard statistical tools and techniques;
- Reviews and validates data for accuracy; performs data cleansing as needed;
- Documents and maintains record of all data management activities;
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering.OR
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college,
Two (2) years of experience directly related to data analysis or statistical analysis.Special Requirements
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County driver authorization.
- Depending on the position, other related certifications may be required or desirable.
- Spreadsheets and databases, such as MS Access;
- Relational databases, NoSQL databases, data extraction, querying, and scripting;
- Scripting and coding to automate and monitor data management processes;
- Data visualizations and reporting tools to present information to a variety of audiences using presentation layer tools;
- Extracting and managing multiple sets of data from various databases and sources, bringing together data from several channels for comparative analysis;
- Initial data exploration steps (binning, pivoting, summarizing and finding correlations, for example);
- Standard statistical tools and techniques.
For positions assigned to the healthcare vertical, the following knowledge is required:
- Specific data handling requirements for patient identifiable information and protected health information.
- Healthcare data standards, taxonomies and reference data coding systems (i.e. ICD 10, CPT, SNOMED-CT, etc.).
- EPIC Certification in appropriate functional area, or ability to become certified within 6 months.
For positions assigned to the healthcare vertical, the following knowledge is desirable:
- Healthcare integration technologies and techniques (HL7 v2 or higher, EDI, etc.).
- EPIC data warehousing and reporting environments (Caboodle, Clarity, Business Objects, etc.).
- Catalog data sources;
- Maintain relational databases and data systems;
- Design reporting dashboards;
- Use presentations tools;
- Manage multiple sets of data;
- Mines and analyze data;
- Perform data cleansing;
- Document and maintain record.