At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What youâll learn & achieve::
- Partners with RCP Leadership and other key business stakeholders to identify, support, and analyze the business’ need for data and analytics and how it can drive business value.
- Develops an overall roadmap for the RCP Data Management and Analytics that includes both internal needs as well as customer-based solutions.
- Establishes, provides guidance, and defines master data management and governance as well as meta data management in partnership with IT, business leaders and local users.
- Designs, develops, and implements data and analytics solutions across RCP.
- Transforms complex data into creative graphs, tables, charts and other graphics in order to present and/or share the data in a comprehensive and concise manner. Uses data to build consensus.
- Uses data to improve business outcomes and layers data into metrics and key performance indicators.
- Assesses trends and provides analysis to identify emerging business critical issues.
- Identifies and defines opportunities for safety solutions by analyzing historical patterns.
- Define, develop and deploy data, analytics and reporting products and services. Conducts data validation, statistical analyses, and data mapping.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Understands and enforces information security & data privacy rules/laws where appropriate.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to implement strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
What makes you a great fit::
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, Statistics, Finance, or a related discipline and generally eight plus years of experience in data and statistical analysis strongly preferred.
- Business acumen – understands how a specific business operates and the role technology and business architecture play in driving business outcomes
- Able to identify, articulate, and shape business requirements
- Thrives in an environment of ambiguity; able to build enabling infrastructure and process from ground-up
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- People-leader abilities
- Experience balancing priorities and driving to execution
- Experience with complex customer interactions, products, and services
- Experience with setting and executing strategies
- Able to partner across global, matrixed, and cross-functional divisions/teams
- Able to maintain confidentiality and objectivity
- Able to balance multiple priorities
- Strong skills in SQL, data management, MS Power BI and other data management and analytics technologies
What youâll experience working at UL::
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.